Forums are back in action! ×

What have you said "No" to today??

CMB27

I sat through an entire meeting last night where we laid on a party food spread. Lots of cocktail sausages, party eggs, pastries, chocolate, sweets and buns. And I said no to all of it.

Karma Stu

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2 I DEX: 3 I STA: 3 I CON: 2 I WIS: 3 I CHA: 2

Karma restored

"You have to want it more than you want to continue feeling comfortable, and until you do, you're not going to change a damn thing - no matter how much you lament not being or doing what you 'want'." - Evicious

I'm in the process of saying 'No' to a job that I thought I wanted for years, and is giving me little satisfaction and future prospects. Freeing up time to be with the amazing little people I created and finish my undergraduate degree.

I know this isn't a contest...but that is definitely the most awesome answer so far! Good for you!

Today I've said no to breakfast. Fasting for blood work later today.

And Yoshi, how are you doing that? That cupcake would be in my mouth so fast it'd be a rainbow blur.

They don't seem as good as they used to [which is coming from eating healthier all the time.] So that helps a lot. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Skinny girls look good in clothes. Fit girls look good naked."

[>.<]

This is a little different, but...

I said no to having a negative attitude today. The last couple of days have been rainy, which always makes me cranky. I also have some things to do at work for the end of the year that are my least favorite part of my job, and make me feel inadequate, which has made me super negative about stuff. This morning a car almost hit me in the parking lot of Starbucks, and I was sure this would be a no good, terrible, very bad day.

Then I got to my first class, and remembered how awesome the kiddos I teach are, looked outside and saw the sun shining, and decided I was not going to let this day get the better of me. I would, in fact, insist on being positive today. My day has been substantially better as a result, and I am going to force myself to maintain this attitude through a really tough meeting I have at the end of the day.

Halfling Female Ranger

STR - 4 ~ DEX - 3 ~ STA - 5 ~ CON - 2 ~ WIS - 3 ~ CHA - 2

I work from home so I no longer have co-workers with tempting sweets, but I do have friends. Last week, in the space of one hour I said no a chocolate bar, a bowl of carbs (rice and beans and cheese and a few other things that are no-no's), chili cheese fritos, pizza, and super sugary alcohol. Instead, I stuck with water and ate my lovely snack of raisins with almonds.

Valkyrie Ranger

First Challenge!

Seraphim

"Happiness is the bait in the monkey trap of life." ~Will Hunter

Personal Blog

Facebook

This is a little different, but...

I said no to having a negative attitude today. The last couple of days have been rainy, which always makes me cranky. I also have some things to do at work for the end of the year that are my least favorite part of my job, and make me feel inadequate, which has made me super negative about stuff. This morning a car almost hit me in the parking lot of Starbucks, and I was sure this would be a no good, terrible, very bad day.

Then I got to my first class, and remembered how awesome the kiddos I teach are, looked outside and saw the sun shining, and decided I was not going to let this day get the better of me. I would, in fact, insist on being positive today. My day has been substantially better as a result, and I am going to force myself to maintain this attitude through a really tough meeting I have at the end of the day.

You will do great at the Meeting, and just remember, it will be over by the end of the day!!

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

Not today, but at a Memorial Day bbq I said no to some very delicious looking macaroni and cheese topped with bread crumbs.... I just instead enjoyed my hamburger patties and grilled chicken and some salsa.

I haven't said "no" to any food today, but I did say "no" to:

• Getting up at 7:30 when someone texted me
  • Getting up at 7:35 when my phone went off again
  • Getting up at 7:40 when it went off again
  • Getting up whenever I got an email this morning, don't know the time
  • Getting up at 10 when I naturally woke up
  • Getting up at quarter after 11 when a girl messaged me on facebook asking me to take her out
  • To said girl asking me to take her out
  • Getting up at 11:30 when I again woke naturally
  • Trying to go back to sleep at 11:30, even though I had slept for 6.5 hours
  • Repeat the last 2 every minute or so until noon
  • Telling myself that I have time to sleep in until later.

Then I finally got up... This is going to be a long day...

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

You will do great at the Meeting, and just remember, it will be over by the end of the day!!

I survived the meeting! It was actually really helpful, and even though it wasn't my favorite thing in the world, I did it and the net outcome will be positive. I have a bunch of work to do relating to it through next Thursday, but it should make things easier in the long term. *MEGA-PSHEW*

Also, at said meeting, I said no to a sandwich, lindor truffles (my favorite) and juice (not my favorite, but still).

Double win!

Halfling Female Ranger

STR - 4 ~ DEX - 3 ~ STA - 5 ~ CON - 2 ~ WIS - 3 ~ CHA - 2

I've had to say no a lot this year. But I'm getting people trained...

Since they've *almost* given up asking if I want junk food, I've decided to entertain myself by putting a penny in my own jar every time a coworker opens a soda (pop, cola, coke, "sparkling death water," whatevs) or goes on a smoke break. Today alone I could call someone who cares ($.25 or so back in the day).

"Nope. That's just my face."

Yesterday, at work I said no to Mountain Dew, Jerky (with loaded sugar and chemicals), candy and cupcakes. Though the cupcake didn't quite listen... I had some icing shoved into my mouth, and it tasted horrible. I disliked icing before going paleo, and even more so now.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I said no to S'mores. Real honest to god s'mores made over a fire with real Hershey's chocolate.

Damn I'm awesome.

Yes, I agree.

Yesterday I said no to upsizing my drink at the movie theater (still bad, but not worse), and to stopping at fast food on the way home for dinner. Instead I had a spring mix salad that was trying to go bad before I ate it. I felt good.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

I have a blog. It can be found here: http://wildcatspeaks.blogspot.com. I put my training up here, accomplishments, how many times I've vacuumed this week, etc.

Archived