Forums are back in action! ×

When to run - time, conditions, etc?

I'm new to the Rebellion and to NYC, and I have always wondered how people could possibly go running in Central Park or on the streets during the middle of the day AND during really hot days!? Isn't that really bad for you or is it possible to run in the heat as long as you're well-prepared?

Also, when does everyone run (if you do) and how frequently? As I said in my intro post, I'm doing the Adv. Bodyweight workout, but I feel that I can do more on my off days (e.g., run), but I don't want to over do it... Suggestions?

A run in sub-optimal conditions is better than no run in optimal conditions. Run when you can (though I guess Central park late at night wouldn't be a great idea), keep hydrated and you'll be fine. If you can pick and choose your time though, all the better.

I don't run often enough, and I find myself making BS excuses, the hardest part of any run is lacing on the shoes.

For me when I run depends mainly on the weather,during summer, (I live in Australia so our summer is your winter) on days I didn't have work I would go for a run early in the day, even if I had to drag myself out of bed to do it just to miss the heat, while now I am running in the afternoon, when it isn't so cold normaly, but if it is raining I might go at a different time as I normaly run outside.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

A run in sub-optimal conditions is better than no run in optimal conditions.

Bingo. If I controlled the universe, it would be 55F and sunny every time I ran. But alas, that isn't the case, so you just have to deal with what nature throws you. When it's really hot/humid, go slower (and don't be afraid of walk breaks) and make sure to stay hydrated.

For me when I run depends mainly on the weather,during summer, (I live in Australia so our summer is your winter) on days I didn't have work I would go for a run early in the day, even if I had to drag myself out of bed to do it just to miss the heat, while now I am running in the afternoon, when it isn't so cold normaly, but if it is raining I might go at a different time as I normaly run outside.

I'm the same way. I run when it's cooler out. So May-Sept is my off months-I'll be inside the air-condtioned gym doing other things. Not treadmill running, either-don't like the sound/way it feels.

just keep on trucking...

Archived