Forums are back in action! ×

Music fit for EPIC QUESTING

TravelJunkie

One of the things that makes games (especially epic RPG games) great is the music. I wanted to share some music that I will certainly be humming while leveling up my life:

What music do you guys use for inspiration? Y'know, besides Eye of the Tiger. ^_~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TravelJunkie

Level 1 Charr Assassin

STR 2, DEX 2, STA 2, CON 4, WIS 3, CHA 2

There's a pretty specific genre of music that I've zero ed in on for heavy lifting sessions. It's called Viking Metal. It's all about Norse mythology and pillaging and rather hilarious. Totally gets me pumped up.

You ever see those guys who look like they totally used to be in shape?
I'm working to get back to that...

Viking metal is pretty great, so is pirate metal. Relatively similar, just with fewer battle axes and more rum!

Gotta love pirate metal. Keelhauled by Alestorm is always fun to work out to (or do anything really...). Now I need to look up Viking metal. Then again, I'm probably already listening to it without knowing.

Blind Guardian's Bard Song always makes me think of being on adventures.

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Two Steps from Hell has recently made it into my workout rotation- this, this, and

specifically.

Of course, I'm listening to them while typing this and I wanna go move heavy stuff now ;)

EightDigit - Level 1 Dwarven RangerSTR: 3 | DEX : 3 | STA : 3 | CON : 2 | WIS : 2 | CHA : 2Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade.-Rudyard KiplingBattleLog | G+ Account 

Fort Minor - "Remember the Name"

Fort Minor - "Remember the Name"

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

Eminem - "Lose Yourself"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Ti5qeFkOs

Eminem - "Lose Yourself"

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

I'm going to have to chime in with EightDigit and also recommend Two Steps from Hell, one of my favourites is Dragon Rider. Especially with the title, it just works so well. And then there's also Demon Rider for something a bit heavier from them.

But I think this is a great thread! I think it's always a good idea to grab some more motivational music.

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Sweet sassy molassey! :D So much new music to go listening through! I can't wait to look up pirate and viking metal on pandora. :D Oh, and speaking of pirates, today is the last day of the pirate festival in Vallejo for any California peeps around here. I wish I'd thought to post about that earlier, then I might have someone to go "ARRRrrr!" with. Maybe next year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TravelJunkie

Level 1 Charr Assassin

STR 2, DEX 2, STA 2, CON 4, WIS 3, CHA 2

Hmm. I could go on

So I will. I like music with good beats that is something a little different)

Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip (Example:

)

Dr Steel (Example:

)

The Run Lola Run Soundtrack (Example:

Also a great film)

But for Epic-ness. I could suggest Anything by

by Biffy Clyro

Also, these guys. Powerglove, like if Dragonforce genuinely did video game metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6doJ0ErfSHg

4:16 is just perfect.

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

Archived