Forums are back in action! ×

So, about that whole "faith in humanity" thing...

I took the girls to the city pool today, and K was hungry, so I nursed her sitting on the side of the kiddie pool while C played. Completely covered. One little 5-year-old girl came up to me and said "That's gross, what she's doing."

"She's eating," I said.

"She's sex eating?"

"No, my boobs make milk and she eats that. It's what they're for."

"Oh."

"My mom did that for us," says another little girl.

A few minutes later, the same little girl pointed to C, who still weighs under 35 pounds, and said to me "I think she needs to lose some weight."

"No," I said. "She needs that fat so she can grow."

"Oh."

I'm glad C was far enough away she didn't hear any of that. I am inexpressibly sad for the body image problems that little girl is going to have as she grows up.

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

A situation well handled i reckon. The little girl will have new information she'll be able to process and change her views on the world with as she grows.

"Strength is the cup. The bigger the cup, the more you can put in" - JDanger

I can just imagine the delightful comnversation that young girl will be having with her parents.

If she is asking about sex eating, I really am concerned for what she is learning from her parents.

I agree with the others, you handled this beautifully!

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Sex eating? Is there any other way to eat?

Seriously though, you handled that very well. Congratulations.

I have pretty much lost my faith in humanity as a whole. I'm more along the lines of what ETF said,

i try to have faith in the innate strength in people...

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I'm in no mean trying to disrespect anyone, or start conflict, but i do find it disturbing when parents let their children get 'obese' I won't lie at age 13 i was 220 age 14 i had hit 250 age 15 i was 270 (for like few weeks), But i decieded it was time to lose.. and lose big. I dropped to a mesely 186

but it didn't last.

My mom does everythin to help keep my sisters from getting overweight, but America is horrible, Our school lunches are bad, they say they are "healthy" but they are either horribly tasteing so no-one eats, too little food, or just plain un healthy any more. They are taking P.E. to being horrible. Kids where i'm from if a teacher goes DODGEBALL!! everyione joines in to play.. you say soemthing like "we are playing field hockey" noone plays.. They take the good games away kuz some kids "are scared". Well i'm sorry have them walk since in my school it was like 2 out of 40 kids. and most the kids playing "smart, hard dodgeball" were the geeks.

... end rant..

1% better.. When ever you step into the gym, you always strive to get 1% better.

Latin Monk

(STR) - 3; (DEX) -3; (STA) - 3; (CON) - 2; (WIS) - 2; (CHA) - 2

Goals:

Lose 20lbs in month of July (be at 200 by august):

Hit 6 clean pullups

Clean diet:

3 mile run:

Kids where i'm from if a teacher goes DODGEBALL!! everyione joines in to play.. you say soemthing like "we are playing field hockey" noone plays.. They take the good games away kuz some kids "are scared".

You guys must play dodgeball different than we did.....

By middle school and above dodgeball started to become pretty brutal for the guys, and athletes/nonathletes had to be split as the games got so intense.

I would love to be able to play nowadays, that game was so much fun.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

At my old school, dodgeball got just as intense, but everyone still jumped at the chance to join in. We need a giant NF meetup for 1 good game of dodgeball! See if we can break a record somewhere.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Anyone ever play crossfire in school? When I was in 6th grade, my class had it's own recess (our gifted class had to be separated from the general population, but that is another story) and for months that was the only thing we did. It's like dodgeball on steroids, and was great for our overactive brains to burn up some energy.

Back to the topic at hand, when I was expecting my second child, I was thankful for the book "Babies Don't Eat Pizza." It talked about how babies either have to drink milk from a bottle or from their mother's breasts, with cute illustrations. Great way to open up the topic with my son, who was 7 at the time. We were able to talk about that particular body part without it meaning anything more than a way to feed babies, for which I remain grateful!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Level 3: Outcast, Tweets, Pinterest, "Nerd? We prefer the term Intellectual Badass"

Archived