Forums are back in action! ×

26 pounds down, though not much of a woot.

This is what I was afraid of. I felt good today and my curiosity got the best of me. I stepped on the damned scale. In 11 weeks and 5 days I losts 26 pounds. I should be happy. It's an accomplishment, right? But still, I feel dissapointed. I kept my intake at a bare minimum. Exercised 3-6 days a week. I was expecting to have lost more, at least 10 pounds more. I still have so, so far to go and now I know that I'm going to have to work even harder for less results. It'll probably be impossable for me to reach my goal now, at least not in the timeframe that I wanted. I really wanted my first weigh in to be a celebration, but alas, it has not been a good day.

Hey, you've been taking care of yourself and you feel better. That's a HUGE accomplishment and a WOOT! Be careful not to be too hard on yourself, the beginning is tough for a lot of people. Keep yourself going :)

On another note, are you sure you're eating enough? If your intake is at "bare minimum" with hard workouts, you might be taking in too few calories a day which can also hinder your weight loss. I'm not an expert, so you'll want to refer to the "general diet" section here, but just trying to help :)

26lbs in 11 weeks IS something to celebrate.

Great job. Seriously.

That's more than 2lbs a week.

Slow and steady wins the race. Just keep up what you're doing.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

i wrote this yesterday for a friend who was also disappointed with what he was doing because he missed a milestone:

there's nothing special about today bro... so you get it next time... the bar will still be there... and more importantly... so will you...

once you realize there's no way you're giving up your road to awesome... all your goals will fall to your steamroller... it is inevitable...

the only time you should be disappointed is the day you don't show up bro... remember that there are many ways to "not show up"... you can go to the gym and go through your entire planned exercise routine and "not show up"... do everything with the spirit that you will not let another day pass without being better, and your life will be from that day forward... awesome...

congrats on your achievement to date... :)

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Great job. Seriously.

What Spezzy said.

Seriously, if you had lost more, your body wouldn't thank you.

This is the pace to do it for the long term win.

The diminishing returns you mentioned - having to work harder for more results - doesn't kick in as quickly with slow & steady results, but if you do feel like you're hitting a plateau, have someone double check your diet/exercise to see if it could benefit from tweaking.

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

There you go! See, you are already well on your way :) Do you have pictures to document your progress? I always find that pictures help.

CONGRATULATIONS on your progress and I can't wait to see what you can accomplish!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Great job. Seriously.

^ This. 26lbs in less than 12 weeks is pretty damn epic in my books. I totally understand where your head is at though. I've been going through similar struggles in the past few weeks - lots of thoughts along the lines of "I'm doing better than ever, but I'm not where I want to be" have been reducing my sense of accomplisment and overall awesomeness. I'm starting to learn that the sweetness isn't in the end result though, it's in the journey (and particularly what you learn about yourself during said journey).

Keep it up, you're doing fantastic. Also, don't forget that a carefully planned and executed diet break will reset those horomones and kick fat loss into high gear again (if you find things are slowing down).

i wrote this yesterday for a friend who was also disappointed with what he was doing because he missed a milestone:

there's nothing special about today bro... so you get it next time... the bar will still be there... and more importantly... so will you...

once you realize there's no way you're giving up your road to awesome... all your goals will fall to your steamroller... it is inevitable...

the only time you should be disappointed is the day you don't show up bro... remember that there are many ways to "not show up"... you can go to the gym and go through your entire planned exercise routine and "not show up"... do everything with the spirit that you will not let another day pass without being better, and your life will be from that day forward... awesome...

congrats on your achievement to date... :)

^ and this, too. Giving up or not putting in the effort is the only way to not win.

26lbs is fantastic!!! But I think we are spirit siblings or whatever that crap is. I am the SAME exact way!!!! I have a trainer and we do monthly measurements and every month I end the measurement portion very disappointed though my results are actually really impressive. Just keep going and in a few days (or the next day as I see here) the reality will sink in and you will feel better again. You are doing awesome!

What everyone else said. Also, I find it makes it easier to keep things in perspective by focusing on how I feeeeeel, regardless of the weight loss. Also, Rebecca_Ann mentioned inches vs. weight. If you are gaining muscle, well...not such a bad thing, I think. Unless you don't want to, but either way - 26 pounds is a frackin' big deal. Awesome job!

"Oh, come on! Stake through the heart. A little sunlight. It's like falling off a log."  ~Buffy

Current Challenge

Accountability Group:

Once More With Feeling

Archived