Forums are back in action! ×

New Anime?

Death Note, Samurai champloo and Afro Samurai are my top favourtes.

Monster is good too. But slow.

How about Naruto? It's good.

will now check out the series recommended above.

I absolutely love the 1920s integration of tech and bending in Korra. Pro-bending! Firebenders working in power stations! Great stuff. And the story is so intense, damn.

So good it made me get all of the Last Airbender stuff which is as clever as it is goofy. Plus, I can cosplay Iroh. Would anyone like some tea? :)

I am a big fan of Hunter X Hunter (but it got cut short) and One Piece (Japanese version, not American). But that is about all I got off the top of my head.

I haven't seen Hunter X Hunter, but I read some of the manga. I might check that one out. And I started One Piece, but I don't know if I have the dedication to finish it lol =P

Level E

The beginning of that trailer scared the crap out of me, but I'll look for this one hahaha

I don't know how old/new they are, but death note and ouran high school host club are pretty good

Those are relatively older. Death Note came out when I was in high school. I read the manga, but I never saw the anime. And Ouran High School Host Club is soooo gooood!

Get a cheap subscription ($6.99/month) to crunchyroll.com and watch all that stuff, it's amazing and there are a billion shows, and they do simul-casts. Which means you get the new episodes on the same day they come out in japan.

That's awesome!!! This I shall do!

I've been watching Dantalian lately. The whole series is available on crunchyroll for free.

This is what I'll watch while I'm waiting to save up money for the subscription ;)

Death Note, Samurai champloo and Afro Samurai are my top favourtes.

Monster is good too. But slow.

How about Naruto? It's good.

I haven't seen Afro Samurai, but I've been meaning to. And I'll check out Monster.

.........Naruto...........

Korra!

Okay! =D lol

Emily
Human Adventurer
STR: 2 DEX: 3 STA: 1 CON: 2 WIS: 4 CHA: 3

I absolutely love the 1920s integration of tech and bending in Korra. Pro-bending! Firebenders working in power stations! Great stuff. And the story is so intense, damn.

So good it made me get all of the Last Airbender stuff which is as clever as it is goofy. Plus, I can cosplay Iroh. Would anyone like some tea? :)

So wait, is it a sequel to Airbender?

Emily
Human Adventurer

The Legend of Korra picks up 70 years after Aang dies: same world, with consistent history, and with an advance in tech and civilisation to a sort of 1920s-ish with a caste of benders in the urban mix. There are a few carry-over characters, now elderly, and lots of shout-outs to Airbender.

Nick have been running the 12-episode arc which just concluded, and it's fun, clever, kick-ass awesome and intense with meaty, significant dark bits: it's the teen cousin to Aang's kid's show.

http://www.themarysue.com/surprise-boys-like-korra/

The Legend of Korra picks up 70 years after Aang dies: same world, with consistent history, and with an advance in tech and civilisation to a sort of 1920s-ish with a caste of benders in the urban mix. There are a few carry-over characters, now elderly, and lots of shout-outs to Airbender.

Nick have been running the 12-episode arc which just concluded, and it's fun, clever, kick-ass awesome and intense with meaty, significant dark bits: it's the teen cousin to Aang's kid's show.

http://www.themarysue.com/surprise-boys-like-korra/

Where can I watch this?

Emily
Human Adventurer

Edit: I'm still a student =)

30 Days of Awesome

Thanks, underachievement!

Thank you for this! I still have my .edu email.

Some more to check out, Deadman Wonderland (I have started it, but I'm only through episode 1. I'm watching the subbed version, but I guess Toonami is airing the dubbed version), Gantz (Can't recommend this enough, I've also read the manga to date and saw the 2 Japanese live action movies. Messed up, but awesome), Spice and Wolf (really good, surprised me), Trigun (Probably my number 2 anime), Cowboy Bebop (My number 1 anime), and Outlaw Star (My first anime, older but still really good). There are more, but that should hold you for your 30 day trial, if they have them all. Haha

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

As far as Deadman Wonderland goes, CrunchyRoll had to remove it due to some issues with funimation, (CR.com is a legit site you have to pay for in order to get the most up to date episodes) but if you have the chance, check out the scanlations of DEadman Wonderland, much better than the show, but be warned that it's very graphic and might make your insides feel funny.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|Ogre Monk|

My Challenge to all NF'ers

From that article that andygates posted:

" “She’s muscular, and we like that,” said Konietzko. “It’s definitely better than being a waif about to pass out. I know, I look like a waif — who am I to judge?” "

Well that should be reason enough for any NF Rebel to watch it :)

Code Geass and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood are amazing. Brotherhood is fairly new, but both have finished.

Also, seconding Death Note, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Legend of Korra.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fire.eagle

Elf Assassin

STR: 6 DEX: 5.5 STA: 4.75 CON: 5 WIS: 3.5 CHA: 3.75

Assassin Wannabe | Be Prepared

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

[/table]

As far as Deadman Wonderland goes, CrunchyRoll had to remove it due to some issues with funimation, (CR.com is a legit site you have to pay for in order to get the most up to date episodes) but if you have the chance, check out the scanlations of DEadman Wonderland, much better than the show, but be warned that it's very graphic and might make your insides feel funny.

I found the scanlations, hadn't read them but read the synopsis and looked at the art and thought it looked cool, so I got the anime. So I don't have to worry about CR dropping it. Though I believe I have the edited anime, which is a (slight) bit of a bummer.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Thirding(I know that's not a word) Death Note. Re-watched the whole series recently - easily one of the best.

I'm not a fan of anything overly childish, whether it's the animation style, the characters, or the absurd amounts of battle scenes - and Death Note fits the bill.

Has CrunchyRoll finally fixed the problem with a ransomware trojan that got into most of their videos?

Archived