Forums are back in action! ×

Take a look over at my user info to the left this post. See that "Join Date" thingy? What does it say? December 2010, that's what. As you can see, that was 18months ago. In that 18 months I have started three different workouts, done a few weeks, then quit. In the time between these little bursts, I fooled around, and usually gained back 90% of any fat I lost. However recently I joined a 12-week weightlifting program at school. Because it was a class I had to attend, and was graded on the work I did. In 12-weeks I added 35lbs to my bench press, and similar gains on my other lifts as well as losing 10lbs of weights (obviously much more in fat). I realized the problem with all the other times I had tried to get in shape is that I had never done any tracking. I could see that my numbers on lifts were going up, but I had no record other than my memory. This time, I will not fail to record. I'm going to use the LibreOffice (go FOSS!!!) version of Excel to track everything. EVERY. THING. All of them. Every single one. If it's a thing, I'm going to track it. I'm also going to post on my log thread daily, explaining what I do, even on rest days when I don't do much. My workout plan for this time around is pretty much bodyweight based, with some weightlifting, and a bit of running. I'm mainly focusing on being fast and strong, rather then having super good endurence. Furthermore, I would like to get thin enough to start to see abs, just as a vainity thing.

Nerd? We prefer the term INTELLECTUAL BADASS!!!

Good luck! and go FOSS!

I'm using Google Docs right now to record my measurements (weight, height, body measurements and body fat %s), and I set up a form so I can submit my measurements and it automatically fills out the information needed and calculates my body fat from the measurements. Maybe that is an option for you? Charts can be made to automatically update showing how you've improved over time too.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Oooo, I hadn't thought about Google Docs. love Google stuff, also that would make it possible to track my workouts if I'm away from my computer (hahahah, away from my computer, yeah right), and it would be much easier to share with this forum!

Nerd? We prefer the term INTELLECTUAL BADASS!!!

Archived