Forums are back in action! ×

noob question about form rollers (I think thats what their called)

shortstuff

So like the paleo/primal diet, here at the nerdfitness community I have heard about people using form rollers or making their own or doing something with them enough times that you have now got me interested as I have never heard of them before I come here. What are they and what are they for? More questions to come based on where or not I think of more or find more.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

They really are good, don't like the burn pain when doing....but I def feel better after. Also, I have used a baseball rolled under my back in the same way as the rollers, hurts but amazing for helping my back pain.

'Don't quit, two words, that's it' :-)

Ugh. That one makes me want to cry. Every time. And I've given birth without painkillers.

Everyone should foam roll their IT bands. Everyone. All the time.

I've gotten it to where instead of crying, I only whine the whole time I'm doing it.

Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.

Rudyard Kipling

Everyone should foam roll their IT bands. Everyone. All the time.

I've gotten it to where instead of crying, I only whine the whole time I'm doing it.

Totally. My husband laughs at me because I yell curses at the thing. I have a Triggerpoint Grid foam roller which is firmer than the standard foamy type you'd buy from a sporting goods store. It hurts so good.

I just got one today, and all I can say is ...it burns... *whimpers*

...and now it doesn't hurt as badly... I woke up this morning and could hardly move my hips were so sore, and now they hurt less. Not 100% pain free, but a lot closer than I've been in a while. Running may be fun, but it hurts so good... I feel "looser" now.

Very rarely get sore/tight nowadays but I moved back on the fr. squats the other day and 48 hours later my quads were so tight....grabbed a foam roller and squashed them out whilst experiencing more pain than I have in quite some time...it was awesome ;-)

GoToTheGround"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo TolstoyTwitter | My 130lb weight-loss journey in photos & words 

So they are supposed to hurt like a b***h? Cuz I haven't been using mine cuz I thought I was doing it wrong. Good to know :)

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

So they are supposed to hurt like a b***h? Cuz I haven't been using mine cuz I thought I was doing it wrong. Good to know :)

If you aren't in tears, you're doing it wrong. :D

Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade.

Rudyard Kipling

Rumble Roller. I cry just looking at mine. I won't tell you want I do when I actually use it....

I'm still afraid to use the one at my Crossfit. Also it's almost always in use.

How has nobody mentioned lacrosse balls? They're like 3 bucks each and are just as wonderful/terrifying. I have two at home, two in my car, and two at work.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Archived