Forums are back in action! ×

First Pull Up!!

Oooh that's so sweet! Must feel great, I can't do one yet, but someday I'll join you in awesome-ness! Good luck with your ten, I'm sure with this momentum it'll come fast!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildling Adventurer

Level 1

--------------------------------------------------------------

STR: 2| CON: 1 | DEX: 3 | WIS: 5 | END: 2 | CHA: 5

awesome! I remember my first pull up not even a year ago! a glorious day friend.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

congratulations!

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

I am going to join in your celebration! Today I just grabbed the top of my bedroom door just to see if I could do a pull-up, and I totally did! It's a bit of an assisted pull-up, but it's still awesome for me. I think I will invest in/search for a legit pull-up bar now.

The iron gym Is my best friend in the home lol.. Its one piece of equipment they sell on infomercials that is useful, I even have the optional sleeves for ab work.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

That is fantastic! Congrats! Being able to do a pull-up is a long term goal of mine too. I am very far from being able to do one though. Any tips you have on training for it would be greatly appreciated!

Level 2 Hobbit Wannabe Ranger

STR 5 : DEX 3 : STA 6 : CON 4.5 : WIS 5 : CHA 4

Woot! Congrats!

Level 3 Timelord Ranger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR: 10 | DEX: 7 | STA: 11.5 | CON: 6.5 | WIS: 5.75 | CHA: 2.25

Challenge

1 2 3

"The thing is, Adam, time travel is like visiting Paris. You can't just read the guide book. You've got to throw yourself in, eat the food, use the wrong verbs, get charged double and end up kissing complete strangers - or is that just me? Stop asking questions. Go and do it!"

"Don't ever judge me by your standards."

Congrats! I just did my first chin up today and I hope a real pull up is soon to follow. For people asking for advice, one thing that comes up in every advice column on this is doing negatives or reverse pull ups. This is where you use a chair to get yourself over the bar, then pull up your legs an hold yourself over the bar for a few seconds, then lower as slowly and controlled as you can. Then use the chair to go to the top again. I've been doing two sets of 8 ( 1 set is reverse pull up and the other is reverse chin up). There are videos of this all over the Internet if that didn't make sense.

The iron never lies.

great advice! Thanks!

Congrats! I just did my first chin up today and I hope a real pull up is soon to follow. For people asking for advice, one thing that comes up in every advice column on this is doing negatives or reverse pull ups. This is where you use a chair to get yourself over the bar, then pull up your legs an hold yourself over the bar for a few seconds, then lower as slowly and controlled as you can. Then use the chair to go to the top again. I've been doing two sets of 8 ( 1 set is reverse pull up and the other is reverse chin up). There are videos of this all over the Internet if that didn't make sense.

Archived