Forums are back in action! ×

Nerds who lift things? I have found my people!

I have been doing martial arts for about 7 years now, and I started doing CrossFit about 18 months ago to try and avoid knee surgery (it didn't work). I was surprised to find that I loved lifting weights in the CF classes, though, and when my coach started offering a barbell strength & conditioning class three times a week, I signed right up.

Fast forward 1 year - my knee is fixed, I've left the CF gym for a strict lifting gym (in the last few weeks), and I'm back to grappling (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) on a fairly regular schedule again. I'm getting back toward my old max lifts, and back onto a regular lifting schedule.

The only issue that remains - am I a Warrior or a Monk?

Dibs! I got here first Spauracchio! (He's the guild leader of the Monks :) ).

Welcome to the forums! I am sure you'll find plenty of amazing people to converse with round these parts.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

*blurry text* I was surprised to find that I loved lifting weights in the CF classes, though, and when my coach started offering a barbell strength & conditioning class three times a week, I signed right up.

Fast forward 1 year - my knee is fixed, I've left the CF gym for a strict lifting gym (in the last few weeks), *blurry text* I'm getting back toward my old max lifts, and back onto a regular lifting schedule.

Why would you choose Monk? I didn't see anything related to martial arts in there... :smug:

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Archived