Forums are back in action! ×

Baoding Balls?

caponerd48

I've been doing the office drone thing for a few years now, and I am starting to get some strain which I really hope is not capral tunnel. I'm considering getting a pair of these (They are the little metal balls that people twirl in their hands) and I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience. Do they help? Are they worth it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Outlaw Monk

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

My Mighty Quest!

STR 9.1 - DEX 9.6 - STA 5.6 - CON 7 - WIS 12 -CHA 8

I have not used them or anything, but I don't think it is necessary to get special Baoding balls. Couldn't you get cheaper steel ball bearings or even rubber bouncy balls? It is only the hand movements that are supposed to help, isn't it?

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Well, that is sort of what I am wondering. I have no particular need to get offical baoding balls, but I just want to see if the actual action is more likely to relieve my symptoms or make it worse. I have seen arguments on both sides, and just wanted to see if anyone has any personal experience... Bouncy balls sound fun though!

Outlaw Monk

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

My Mighty Quest!

STR 9.1 - DEX 9.6 - STA 5.6 - CON 7 - WIS 12 -CHA 8

I think the Baoding balls (at least some) are specially weighted and designed for the exercise. I have a set that I pick up on occasion, but I haven't used them regularly enough to notie any benefits. If you're worried about wasting money, I'd look at some other options first.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Archived