Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy Y'all

I kind of went about this backwards it seems and jumped right into the last challenge without introducing myself properly to the rebellion.

I am trying to get my whole family involved in fitness and healthy eating and have been setting an example that has taken root. We are going to run a 5K as a family and also do 100push ups program as a family so I am excited about that.

I am a husband, father of 2 girls 2 boys, chef, 3rd degree black belt in TaeKwonDo, Sunday school teacher to fourth grade boys (who I just introduced finger tip push ups to so they can burn off the sugar from the donuts they sneak out of the adult Sunday school class rooms), x-rockstar

I totally enjoyed the last challenge looking forward to the next one and interacting in the forums encouraging and being encouraged.

chefing at http://saint-emilionrestaurant.com/index.php

longtimeagorockstar

Great work! Any advice on how to get my family/fiance motivated and healthy would be great for me. Good luck with the 5k and 100 pushups! Check out couch to 5k if you need something to use to train by.

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

That's so awesome that you've inspired your family and have set goals as a unit! Also, nice Zagat rating there, mr. Super impressed at the 29 for food! I'm a wannabe monk, so look forward to seeing you on the Monk board, as well. Can't wait to see what you do for your 2nd challenge!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Miz Ibbli-Bibbli-Boo

Level 1 | Selkie Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 2 | CHA 4

Fitocracy | Battle Log | Challenge

I force myself to laugh at everything, for fear of having to cry. ~ Pierre de Beaumarchais

Great work! Any advice on how to get my family/fiance motivated and healthy would be great for me. Good luck with the 5k and 100 pushups! Check out couch to 5k if you need something to use to train by.

My daughter is doing the couch to 5k program I am on the tail end of training for a marathon in November.

As far as motivating them to be healthy just get them involved and set an example. I have lost over 40 pounds in the past year and so they have seen the difference.

Plus they are my children so they kind of have to do what I say so I say we are doing push ups and running.

Thanks

That's so awesome that you've inspired your family and have set goals as a unit! Also, nice Zagat rating there, mr. Super impressed at the 29 for food! I'm a wannabe monk, so look forward to seeing you on the Monk board, as well. Can't wait to see what you do for your 2nd challenge!

Thanks

I will look for you in the Monks guild

Archived