Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

So are we talking about after the first trimester? Are we talking about just wanting to have sex or actually doing it? Cause we are about 10 weeks in and have had sex maybe 3 times (2 is more likely).  Between her exhaustion, nausea, and gas...ain't no sexy time happening.

Second was probably the most active. First sucked for the reasons you describe. The nausea goes away or reduces for most women after the first trimester. Third trimester the geometry of the situation gets trickier and exhaustion worse, but we were more active than the first trimester.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So are we talking about after the first trimester? Are we talking about just wanting to have sex or actually doing it? Cause we are about 10 weeks in and have had sex maybe 3 times (2 is more likely). Between her exhaustion, nausea, and gas...ain't no sexy time happening.

first trimester was hell… her sense of taste changed so much she even hated the taste of water, and all of the extra hormones in her had me feeling seasick for 3 months (I had heard this sometimes happened, but I did not believe it back then)

overall she didn't feel like having too much sex during her pregnancy, but I still got the hots for her real good. and on those glorious epic occasions when we did… wow.

funny how all they care about is "im getting fat" and no amount of telling her she looks hot can reassure them… :S

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

So are we talking about after the first trimester? Are we talking about just wanting to have sex or actually doing it? Cause we are about 10 weeks in and have had sex maybe 3 times (2 is more likely). Between her exhaustion, nausea, and gas...ain't no sexy time happening.

We're talking after the kid turns 3.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Sorry for the delay - our broadband has been offline for several days and I'm only just catching up!

On bullying - I grew up as a skinny autistic kid with no social skills on a council estate. I was bullied a LOT. I didn't have many friends.

Bullying was physical up until I was about seven. Then a kid a year older than me decided to pick a fight and I went into an autistic meltdown. I have no memory of the fight (I don't remember much of my childhood, and I'm happier for that) but I gather I turned into a flailing fury of limbs - I don't know if I did any damage but I must have surely scared the crap out of him.

Violence can be very effective at stopping violence. It just needs to be extreme. But it didn't stop the bullying.

After that, I was picked on verbally. Gangs of kids would torment me without actually getting physical, and with so many targets and me with no idea who any of them even were, I couldn't really do anything about it. I avoided the playground as much as possible. My desk was graffitied. I was spat on. I put up with hell until I was thirteen, and that's when things changed.

Want to stop your child being bullied? Put them into a good school. I was moved to a middle class boarding school in the next county - with government assistance, as my mother could never afford that herself - and I went on to make friends, develop some talents and go to university. It's been onwards and upwards ever since. I escaped my childhood with periodic bouts of depression and poor self-esteem that took me years to patch up. It could have been worse. If I'd been stuck in that same school for the rest of my childhood, there's a very good chance I'd have taken my own life.

It's not considered politically correct to say this, but my experience tells me that some kids are always going to be little shits. You can blame the parents, or the education system, or television, or the internet... it doesn't matter. Some kids are vicious bastards that will make your life hell, and it's very hard to change them (in some cases, it may be impossible, at least with the resources available to schools). And what happens is that some schools are able to be selective - they can choose which children stay and which get chucked out. All the problem cases end up in public education, which is hamstrung by having to make sure all children get an education and can't chuck them out.

If your children are capable of defending themselves with force, good luck to them. It'll certainly make their lives a little easier. But the best approach is to avoid bullies altogether - either in the same way that most children do (by blending in) or, if they become natural targets, by taking them out of the school.

• Like 1

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

But the best approach is to avoid bullies altogether

To be clear, this is my preferred method. But if that's unavoidable, then you do as much damage, as quickly as possible, then leave when someone is no longer a threat.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

So are we talking about after the first trimester? Are we talking about just wanting to have sex or actually doing it? Cause we are about 10 weeks in and have had sex maybe 3 times (2 is more likely).  Between her exhaustion, nausea, and gas...ain't no sexy time happening.

Congrats on the little one. 10 weeks is where it started to really pick up, for me at least, it took her a little while longer. As the 2nd trimester got close, all those negative side effects greatly subsided (exposing a red hot libido of her own). Plus she started to look the part.

Second was probably the most active. First sucked for the reasons you describe. The nausea goes away or reduces for most women after the first trimester. Third trimester the geometry of the situation gets trickier and exhaustion worse, but we were more active than the first trimester.

The geometry of the situation, lol.

• Like 1

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

So would you change your and your kids life for the better if you knew that it was probably going to end up in a divorce?

I'm not talking about packing up and moving cross country for a new job, starting a cult, anything like that; but just getting up off the couch and getting things done; one of my biggest pet peeves is when a person is busting their ass while another person just sits around doing nothing and makes off hand comments about other stuff needing to get done and gets pissy when you call them out on being lazy

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I'm not talking about packing up and moving cross country for a new job, starting a cult, anything like that; but just getting up off the couch and getting things done; one of my biggest pet peeves is when a person is busting their ass while another person just sits around doing nothing and makes off hand comments about other stuff needing to get done and gets pissy when you call them out on being lazy

Yes, I... have no idea what this is like.  None... at all.

tumblr_inline_ms237cM58C1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Bald nerds do you use something to stop your head from shining? Same question for nerds who have a receding hairline.

I fall into neither category, but wouldn't baby powder work well for this?

Cool Runnings reference brings happiness to my life.

Bro I do know that I am not the prettiest dude around here but still my head does not look like a butt.

But honestly, do you know how it will work with sweat and is it visible?

Haha during the winter, fall, and spring I usually use baby oil and oil up after showers to stay nice and moisturized 

tumblr_ltftp7JipR1qf1116o1_500.gif

But in the summer I pretty much cover my body in baby powder to reduce some of the sweating.

Anyway! Point is, that if you use just a little and rub it in, it will reduce the shine.  My forehead and nose gets really oily and shiny and this has helped. Pretty sure its even better when you aren't a black guy.

• Like 1

So would you change your and your kids life for the better if you knew that it was probably going to end up in a divorce?

Yes, though it could be argued that you could achieve this without a divorce. Using kids' best interest as a reason is a great way to make life changes...people tend to be better at accepting difficult changes when their kids are directly benefitting.
  • Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

Bald nerds do you use something to stop your head from shining? Same question for nerds who have a receding hairline.

No..what would be the point?

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

not bald, but… hat? no light = no shine…

also, don't let any twilight vampire bite you… that seems to aggravate the situation

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

not bald, but… hat? no light = no shine…

also, don't let any twilight vampire bite you… that seems to aggravate the situation

What I was gonna say.

And if you see any twilight vampires kill them in the most painful way you know how. Also let me know so I can leave my life behind and become a hunter.

• Like 2

I'll never forget the day I was forced to watch Twilight. I hadn't heard of it. I was sitting there, telling myself that at some point it would get good. Then they got to the point where the sun was going to hit too-much-hair-gel boy. I knew by then that he wouldn't burst in to flame, but I figured it would show how old he really was or something.  

Then he sparkled.

A part of me died that day.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'll never forget the day I was forced to watch Twilight. I hadn't heard of it. I was sitting there, telling myself that at some point it would get good. Then they got to the point where the sun was going to hit too-much-hair-gel boy. I knew by then that he wouldn't burst in to flame, but I figured it would show how old he really was or something.  

Then he sparkled.

A part of me died that day.

Vampires used to be terrifying - bloodsucking parasites that could attack while you slept, slip through the tiniest of cracks like shadows and were very hard to kill. The original method for dispatching a vampire involved a beheading, a stake through the heart and being buried at a crossroads. And even that didn't put minds at rest. You'd hang iron at your doors to ward off evil, pray to any gods you believed in and bolt the doors at night. And bury the dead deep.

Then vampires got romanticised - suddenly they're these beautiful creatures of the night, a combination of sex appeal and relative safety. They won't attack you unless invited in, they can be warded off with garlic and religion, and they are killed ridiculously easily with bits of wood or even sunlight. Even the stake through the heart has been dumbed down. It used to be a piece of the True Cross; then it merely had to be made from the same type of tree; now Buffy can kill vampires with pencils. 2B or not 2B, that is the question...

Blame Stoker and (perhaps) Anne Rice for this. There's a big market for romantic fiction, and it's crowded - so any new twist is eagerly explored. They linked these midnight visits with sex instead of (or as well as) blood, and it was a big hit. Now all vampires are like this, in the same way that all elves are now like Tolkein's rather than the vicious tricksters they used to be.

Twilight has, somehow, taken this already massively watered down monster and decided "no, this is still too scary, let's make them nicer". The only Count less scary was the one on Sesame Street. Ah, ah, ah...

• Like 4

Vampires used to be terrifying - bloodsucking parasites that could attack while you slept, slip through the tiniest of cracks like shadows and were very hard to kill. The original method for dispatching a vampire involved a beheading, a stake through the heart and being buried at a crossroads. And even that didn't put minds at rest. You'd hang iron at your doors to ward off evil, pray to any gods you believed in and bolt the doors at night. And bury the dead deep.

Then vampires got romanticised - suddenly they're these beautiful creatures of the night, a combination of sex appeal and relative safety. They won't attack you unless invited in, they can be warded off with garlic and religion, and they are killed ridiculously easily with bits of wood or even sunlight. Even the stake through the heart has been dumbed down. It used to be a piece of the True Cross; then it merely had to be made from the same type of tree; now Buffy can kill vampires with pencils. 2B or not 2B, that is the question...

Blame Stoker and (perhaps) Anne Rice for this. There's a big market for romantic fiction, and it's crowded - so any new twist is eagerly explored. They linked these midnight visits with sex instead of (or as well as) blood, and it was a big hit. Now all vampires are like this, in the same way that all elves are now like Tolkein's rather than the vicious tricksters they used to be.

Twilight has, somehow, taken this already massively watered down monster and decided "no, this is still too scary, let's make them nicer". The only Count less scary was the one on Sesame Street. Ah, ah, ah...

At least the count can leave the house without spending 3 hours on his hair.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

That is probably the biggest advantages of being a vampire, always perfect hair.

What I was gonna say.

And if you see any twilight vampires kill them in the most painful way you know how. Also let me know so I can leave my life behind and become a hunter.

We can hunt as much as you want but I am so not gonna kill her

5nry6icd.jpg

And as much as I love to make fun of twilight (I only watched the first one) if we are honest we know that it is still possible to make a scary vampire movie, with vampires as monsters of the night. And the reason why this isn't happening is not Twilight but the fact that it would cost more money then this found footage shit also you would need a director and actors who actually know what they are doing.

• Like 1

That leads to an intriguing question. Vampires are always immaculate (no stubble on the men, perfect make-up on the women, hair always perfect)... but how do they maintain all this? They can't be spending any time in front of a mirror, as they have no reflection...

• Like 2

That leads to an intriguing question. Vampires are always immaculate (no stubble on the men, perfect make-up on the women, hair always perfect)... but how do they maintain all this? They can't be spending any time in front of a mirror, as they have no reflection...

Acording to Interview with a Vampire you will always look the way you locked like as you turned into a vampire. If you had  very long curly hair, you can get a buzz cut but 3 minutes later it will look like before. Same goes with the age, you get turned as a child you will always stay in a childs body.

Acording to Interview with a Vampire you will always look the way you locked like as you turned into a vampire. If you had  very long curly hair, you can get a buzz cut but 3 minutes later it will look like before. Same goes with the age, you get turned as a child you will always stay in a childs body.

Kinda like pulling a face when the wind changes?! :P

• Like 1

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge