Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

In 'You Suck: The Novel' by Christopher Moore, it is stated that Vampire will have the same hair cut they have when they are turned one. All the wounds are all gone too, and the missing parts will grow back (including foreskin.) Interesting concept to consider. 

I feel one could write anything and make up whatever rules fit what you want the story to do. Actually, that's pretty much "Twilight" in a nutshell.

are you implying that twilight had a story? :o
  • Like 2

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

That leads to an intriguing question. Vampires are always immaculate (no stubble on the men, perfect make-up on the women, hair always perfect)... but how do they maintain all this? They can't be spending any time in front of a mirror, as they have no reflection...

I'm glad I wasn't taking a drink when I read this.  This is one of the funniest things I have read in a while.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I'm glad I wasn't taking a drink when I read this.  This is one of the funniest things I have read in a while.

I imagine they 'groom' each other like apes? You know, combing hair, licking blood spatter off each other's faces. Adjust crooked ties, and the like. Sometimes, certain vampires are dressed in funky styles, because their friends are assholes. They just look so pretty the mortals follow the fashion.

I feel one could write anything and make up whatever rules fit what you want the story to do. Actually, that's pretty much "Twilight" in a nutshell.

I think so. 'Vampire' is such a board term used in many Western literature. They have one thing in common, though.

They suck.

• Like 2

are you implying that twilight had a story? :o

It's not much of one. Girl with no personality of her own fantasises about being swept off her feet by a dangerous (but not TOO dangerous) man, who looks absolutely gorgeous and will do anything for her. The success of the book is partly because the female lead has no personality - she's an empty shell that teenage girls (and, I'm sorry to say, some older women) can step into, so they can be ravished by vampires and werewolves and live secret, exciting lives. So much easier than actually making your life exciting yourself!

I suspect "50 Shades of Aaargh" is the S&M version for grown-ups. But after hearing Charles Dance read an extract from it, I can't see me ever managing more than a page with a straight face. It's a spoof, right?

• Like 2

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

life man life

Take public transportation or better yet people watch in a crowded area, you will see no one talking to each other, staring at their phones or other brainless devices (Netflix is a portable TV), People have been given the ability to escape from each other, and everyday we are given more and more to distract us with, who is leading and what are they leading us to?   

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

No one is leading. People out to make money sell devices that people buy, people buy devices to have something to do.  If I recall correctly, before the cell phone era, even in big crowds people weren't always interacting with each other. People didn't generally strike up conversations on buses and such. Now they have something to look at while they are ignoring everyone else.

Now for the good news.  We are the rebellion after all. Be different. If everyone is glued to their phones, imagine how further ahead you are by simply being different. You are in a position to impact the world simply because you are independent of the technology that keeps everyone else tethered to their screen.

What kind of an impact do you want to make?

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

No one is leading. People out to make money sell devices that people buy, people buy devices to have something to do.  If I recall correctly, before the cell phone era, even in big crowds people weren't always interacting with each other. People didn't generally strike up conversations on buses and such. Now they have something to look at while they are ignoring everyone else.

^This

I was in Japan recently, with some of my instructors.  He commented on the train that everyone was on their phone ignoring one another, but 50 years ago it was the same thing - just with newspapers.

In the mean time, I want people to bugger off in public, so avoiding them (or appearing as if I am avoiding them) suits me just fine.

You are in a position to impact the world simply because you are independent of the technology that keeps everyone else tethered to their screen.

I'm not the only one who finds irony in the fact this statement is being given on a website where a bunch of people fairly proficient in this technology keeps tabs on friends through their screens, right?

(Not that it's a bad sentiment, Tank.  Just I grinned at the irony.)

• Like 3

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

^This

I was in Japan recently, with some of my instructors.  He commented on the train that everyone was on their phone ignoring one another, but 50 years ago it was the same thing - just with newspapers.

In the mean time, I want people to bugger off in public, so avoiding them (or appearing as if I am avoiding them) suits me just fine.

I love my iPhone and headphones. I never need to listen to anyone else. Great especially when accompanied by crying babies or loud people talking on phones.

I'm not the only one who finds irony in the fact this statement is being given on a website where a bunch of people fairly proficient in this technology keeps tabs on friends through their screens, right?

(Not that it's a bad sentiment, Tank.  Just I grinned at the irony.)

Me too. :-)

• Like 1

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Acording to Interview with a Vampire you will always look the way you locked like as you turned into a vampire. If you had  very long curly hair, you can get a buzz cut but 3 minutes later it will look like before. Same goes with the age, you get turned as a child you will always stay in a childs body.

Due to just being busy, my beard tends to get a little bushy before I get around to trimming it up properly. It would be a real bummer to be turned into a vampire before I was able to clean up and end up looking like an Amish farmer, or a Linux user.

• Like 2

Due to just being busy, my beard tends to get a little bushy before I get around to trimming it up properly. It would be a real bummer to be turned into a vampire before I was able to clean up and end up looking like an Amish farmer, or a Linux user.

got a problem with Linux users, feanor? I keep my face kevlar tidy most of the time ;P

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

if we are honest we know that it is still possible to make a scary vampire movie, with vampires as monsters of the night

let the right one in is the movie you are looking for. 

Vampires used to be terrifying

I kinda disagree, i mean yeh they were scary but they were also supposed to be incredibly seductive. a lot of the mythos is built around sexual fears; of deviancy and perversion, and i think that idea is the one that has been modernised most strongly. vampires represent corruption of a persons will (as opposed to their body with zombies or their soul with ghouls). Even in twilight we can see this happening, as bella is irrevocably drawn to becoming a vampire herself. 

i maybe, just a little bit, enjoyed the twilight franchise. 

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

i maybe, just a little bit, enjoyed the twilight franchise. 

That is very brave to admit. I haven't seen it yet-- maybe deep down I fear that I'll like it?

That is very brave to admit. I haven't seen it yet-- maybe deep down I fear that I'll like it?

I haven't seen it either. The mere premise makes me certain that I would enjoy it about as much as doing taxes while getting a root canal.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

I haven't seen it either. The mere premise makes me certain that I would enjoy it about as much as doing taxes while getting a root canal.

Doing taxes and getting a root canal would be more enjoyable in my opinion... and yes, I have seen most of them.... the things guys do for their girls.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Doing taxes and getting a root canal would be more enjoyable in my opinion... and yes, I have seen most of them.... the things guys do for their girls.

Same. I know i've seen them but for the life of me i can't remember a single thing that happened in them. Maybe i slipped into some sort of waking coma

Same. I know i've seen them but for the life of me i can't remember a single thing that happened in them. Maybe i slipped into some sort of waking coma

I can remember a few things, mostly just the end of the last one since I was in the theater when the big fight scene went down. Lots of gasps when one of the male vamps (patriarch?) got de-capitated, then the whole seeing the future twist that I thought was kinda cool simply because the whole scene messed with peoples heads.

Sounds like me with 50 shades of grey. My god what a snooze fest that was >.>

So far so good on this one for me, that and Magic Mike...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)