Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

O.o FINALLY! Some one else who knows EQComics! :D I'm not the only one.

Sorry, I've just been telling all my webcomic loving friends about it, and no-one ever reads it :/

I've gotta be honest with ya, I found it stumbling, so I'm not familiar with EQ Comics ^_^;;

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

In the immortal words of the great sage Dave Barry: "You can only be young once, but thankfully you can always be immature."

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Alas, Joy, I knew you for but a brief moment :(

You know, I started looking through the comics now and they're freaking hilarious! I think i'll add this to my list of comics to read!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Vasectomies....who has had one?

After our third kid was born last month, we're officially done.  That is to say, I thought we were done after our daughter was born 5 years ago, but my wife advised me that I was misinformed and that we would be having a third.  The third is here, and with two boys and a girl, we're truly done.

So I had a consultation for a vasectomy today and based on the recovery time and the restriction on high intensity activity, I'm going to have it done in early May after I finish my current Insanity program.

Has anyone here had one and care to share the details of how it went, recovery, and so on?  How about any issues with "back pressure"? Which the doctor said can cause discomfort up to 9-months post-operation (and he clarified that it could mean 'take a couple of days off work").

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

First off, congrats!

Second, I plan to have one eventually once we make the same decision, so I'm looking forward to any conversation on this.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Congrats on the new child.  My dad had a vasectomy after I was born, but it's never really been discussed.  Also, on a lark I went into the archives and looked at the threads from the very first challenge.  Yours and Steve's were the only threads from people who still seem to be on the boards, well done on sticking it out this long.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I am new 'round here and figure that I should contribute to this thread...

27282_593828503967001_889991344_n.jpg

TheBBP, level 1 Jedi Adventurer
STR 5|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Hebrews 12:11-13
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.â€

I have a man question, kind of personal, but none of my friends have been through a break up as an adult so I can't really draw on them as a resource when their last break ups were when they were in highschool.

I was with my ex for nearly 9 years, we were married for 3, I took great care of her, her family loved me, she got sick and I stood by her through thick and thin as a nurse for 2.5 years. She was in chronic pain, and depressed, and it took it's toll on me, I was defeated. Some magic cure fixed her medical issues and a week later, without any reason she said she could never be happy with me and said she wanted a divorce... 

I was thrown for a loop, thinking I would have been getting blow jobs and breakfast in bed for months with how well I treated and took care of her while she was sick... Not the case. I was pissed off, and when she walked out the door I dead bolted it closed.

9 months go by, I have taken life my the horns, lost 80 lbs, been killing it at work, changing the world, and all around living life to the fullest on every possible occasion. I have a great group of friends, started a number of sports teams, simplified my life, and living environment.

I had to meet up with her last night to take care of some tax forms and I was really nervous about it. 

She came over, and as I opened the door her jaw dropped. "WOW, You've lost some weight!" That felt great! I was feeling like it was not going to be terrible. She came in, we chatted for 3 hours in what felt like minutes, like old friends who had not seen each other in ages. Talked about what we've been up to, dating, friends we have in common...

But the over arching theme that she was talking about was how shitty her life was. She lives beside meth heads, while I live in a downtown apartment. She's gotten fired from another job, and is now working shift work, while I am working my career dream job, how she is struggling with making technology work and everything keeps breaking around her...

Listening to her I was feeling terrible about what was happening to this person that I love, but was abandoned by for no reason.

So after that bit of context I guess the Man question is, in the past do you ever worry about your ex's? It is the manliest of pursuits to be a provider for a partner, and while she did leave me, I find myself feeling bad for her...

Currently lost in Fitness.

I think it's natural to have a certain amount of empathy towards someone you were emotionally involved with for a significant period of time.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Never been married, but your reaction is not only normal but commendable. There's a lot of people that would say Schadenfreude to her story. And while simply not being a jerk is not a positive character trait per se - it's simply an absence of a negative one - your story wouldn't make you an asshole if you told her "Frankly my darling...".

Did you ever get her reasoning why she left?

And are you sure she was truly herself if she was first depressed, and then on magic pills?

I'm in good friendly relations with one of my ex girlfriends, second one needs only 6,4 seconds to get on my nerves, but I don't actively dislike her, or wish her ill, and I'm out of communication with the third.

That's about right for the gradation how much would I go out of my way to help them in something if they needed it too.

STR: 2 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3 / CON: 2 / WIS: 3 / CHA: 3

PanHEMAphiliac.

I've been married for 32 years to a woman who has a rather amazing medical history (as in, she's been on a lot of different anti depressants, pain killers, and other stuff).  You asked whether one should 'feel bad' for an ex.  No help there at all (my last ex was when I was 19).  But you don't mention whether you are interested in rekindling the relationship.  So some observations about what you have shared...

1) Meds, especially anti depressants and pain killers can really mess with your mind (duh).  A piece often missed is that they can REALLY mess up a woman's hormones.  

2) If the drugs were ended suddenly, the "out of the blue" actions could have been withdrawal symptoms, or hormonal swings caused by the drugs or by their withdrawal.  And just like with street drugs, withdrawal from and stabilization afterwards can take months.

3) Some people don't react well to needing to be taken care of and end up thinking they are not "worthy" or feeling guilty.

4) You didn't mention whether the 'cure' was chemical or surgical.  That could have psychological impacts as well.

You have some interesting choices.....

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker