Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

so any other hairy beasts in here? I have a back sweater going on, and I want to surprise my wife and have it waxed, do I go to the place down the street or should I try to find a mens salon to do this?

Me, but I rock it proud.  The surface area of hair covering your body is directly correlated to your strength potential.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

The surface area of hair covering your body is directly correlated to your strength potential.

Damn! Really? Well I just halved my strength potential then!

Currently concocting a series of 3 posts on double edged shaving, worth starting a new topic over?

Level 1 Half-Gnome Warrior

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

IntroCurrent 6 Week Challenge!

The Art Of Double Edged Shaving

Me, but I rock it proud.  The surface area of hair covering your body is directly correlated to your strength potential.

Huh, glad I am not a swimmer anymore... shaving for champs would be rather counter productive.

Currently concocting a series of 3 posts on double edged shaving, worth starting a new topic over?

Seems like a lot of guys come here to talk about shaving, might be good to have a separate topic so that new users could find it easier.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Seems like a lot of guys come here to talk about shaving, might be good to have a separate topic so that new users could find it easier.

Ideal, part 1 is done... Just need to tweak it a little and then get started with the second part, might start the thread in a few min

so any other hairy beasts in here? I have a back sweater going on, and I want to surprise my wife and have it waxed, do I go to the place down the street or should I try to find a mens salon to do this?

Learn from other's experience - don't wax, use sugar paste!

If you want to surprise your wife with your smooth back wax it a week before the occasion, so that the massive inflammation will have the time to pass (hopefully).

Wax sticks to skin as well as hairs, so it's much much more aggressive.

Sugar paste (used with cloth strips) sticks to hairs only, the pain is by a level of magnitude less than waxing.

p.s. Leave the shaving discussion here, where it should be. :)

STR: 2 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3 / CON: 2 / WIS: 3 / CHA: 3

PanHEMAphiliac.

I've been using a straight razor for a while now, but I don't have any kind of kit for it. I just use my regular tube of shaving cream and my regular aftershave, which changes almost every time I need to buy a new bottle. Lol. Is that all I need, or is there stuff I can get to spice the shave up a little?

also, the last time I went for a hot shave the lovely young lady who's attentions I was enjoying gave me a sample pack of the stuff she used. So I got oil and cream and this, that and the other thing. And I don't know what it's for, when I should use it, or anything. It's just sitting in my shaving kit in the bathroom.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I've been using a straight razor for a while now, but I don't have any kind of kit for it. I just use my regular tube of shaving cream and my regular aftershave, which changes almost every time I need to buy a new bottle. Lol. Is that all I need, or is there stuff I can get to spice the shave up a little?

also, the last time I went for a hot shave the lovely young lady who's attentions I was enjoying gave me a sample pack of the stuff she used. So I got oil and cream and this, that and the other thing. And I don't know what it's for, when I should use it, or anything. It's just sitting in my shaving kit in the bathroom.

To spice it up a little you could try using a bit more of a luxury shaving cream, I've suggested a few further up and in the thread in my signature.

I actually wouldn't put aftershave/cologne onto your face/neck area. Instead I spray onto the back of my neck and onto my wrists, which I then gently dab behind my ears. It's what the girls do and it seems to work for them!

Got to love having an attractive young girl who can wield a blade well...

I'm going to guess she gave you a pre-shave oil, after shave balm and maybe a moisturiser?

Pre-shave oils, as the name suggests you apply this to your beard area before you lather up. You don't need much as a little goes a long way.

After shave balm, after you've rinsed off with cold water gently apply a small amount to the area you just shaved, you don't need much again.

As far as moisturisers go, I would suggest applying them after you've washed your face just before bed as they have the best chance to work over night and your applying it to nice an clean skin.

You guys gals and your shaving...

THERES-A-NAME-FOR-PEOPLE-WITHOUT-BEARDS.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I got the image of dual wielding boar hair brushes to apply the shaving cream.

500 / 330 / 625

I got the image of dual wielding boar hair brushes to apply the shaving cream.

Hahah! I am a Warrior after all!

I mainly use the little one for hot water on my neck area just before lathering so it's extra hydrated... It's a crappy cheap one I got with a set when I first started.

Oh and they're badger ;) I find boar far too coarse and doesn't hold enough water :P

The secret is to grow it out enough that you can comb the patches together.

Yep, mine looked terrible for the first month and still does in the morning.  I have to brush it out so it's not patchy.  Most pictures of me drunk have it looking not so great even at this point because I rub my beard a lot when I drink for some reason and it patches up.

500 / 330 / 625

+1 to the slight patch-effect.  My left cheek doesn't come in as well as the rest, so I have to let it grow a bit longer than I would actually like (I like my beard short and well-trimmed) to hide the patchy areas.  Though as I've lost weight it's been easier since the few follicles aren't trying to cover as much surface area.  Bonus to weight loss!

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

I found an awesome website yesterday. beardlife.net. "Beard Life" on facebook, some epic beard stuff.

500 / 330 / 625