Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Level 2 Human, Adventurer / Druid in Training
"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions."
  ~ Dalai Lama 

Agreed on the juggling. I have never met ANYONE who can teach me to juggle - they all say to practice. Yeah, sure. Practice WHAT? You haven't told me what to do! It's either these stupid one-hand, one-ball catches that I can already do or you launch into a two-ball display that I can't follow. What am I actually supposed to DO? Practice without that bit is pointless. I already know how to drop things.

I'm currently reading through this thread, as it's a rather interesting read, and I don't know if this post has been answered, if he now knows how to juggle or what, and I know it's old, but I had to respond simply because I went through the same issue with juggling. I pretty much brute forced my way through it.

Step 1: 2 balls in right hand, one in left

Step 2: Throw 1 ball from right hand into the air, angled over to the left (1 ball excercise might be good for the motion)

Step 3: While ball 1 is in the air, at around the apex, throw the single ball in your left hand, up and towards your right hand.

Step 4: Retract and catch the first ball

Step 5: (This was the absolute hardest part for me, you end up so focused on catching the ball you forget to throw the other one) Throw 3rd ball, from right hand up and towards left

Step 6: Retract and catch the second ball thrown.

Step 7: Return to step 3 and loop infinitly (You eventually will be catching and throwing in one smooth motion, not ever really "holding a ball" and you'll be catching with one hand, and throwing with the other pretty much the whole time)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread, and I'll head back to page 25 or so...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I'm currently reading through this thread, as it's a rather interesting read, and I don't know if this post has been answered, if he now knows how to juggle or what, and I know it's old, but I had to respond simply because I went through the same issue with juggling. I pretty much brute forced my way through it.

Step 2: Throw 1 ball from right hand into the air, angled over to the left (1 ball excercise might be good for the motion)

Step 3: While ball 1 is in the air, at around the apex, throw the single ball in your left hand, up and towards your right hand.

Step 5: (This was the absolute hardest part for me, you end up so focused on catching the ball you forget to throw the other one) Throw 3rd ball, from right hand up and towards left

Step 7: Return to step 3 and loop infinitly (You eventually will be catching and throwing in one smooth motion, not ever really "holding a ball" and you'll be catching with one hand, and throwing with the other pretty much the whole time)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread, and I'll head back to page 25 or so...

Did you read man thread part 1? this is the second one because the first got so long.

Speaking of man thread topics, I'm currently reading "Hold onto your NUTs (Non-negotiable Unalterable Terms): A Relationship Guide for Men" that I saw someone was reading in one of their challenges and am really enjoying it thus far. It's a short book, only $10 for the kindle version.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Did you read man thread part 1? this is the second one because the first got so long.

Not as of yet, 150 pages is quite a lot... I might one day, 64 just seemed a bit more manageble for a new guy.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Speaking of man thread topics, I'm currently reading "Hold onto your NUTs (Non-negotiable Unalterable Terms): A Relationship Guide for Men" that I saw someone was reading in one of their challenges and am really enjoying it thus far. It's a short book, only $10 for the kindle version.

No More Mr Nice Guy is also a good one. I've read both, and found that personally for my own issues NMMNG speaks better to the underlying problems I need to correct.

Just a guy on a journey - Battle Log

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done - Bruce Lee

Be honest with yourself and ethically pursue your happiness - Laz

I'd actually take it a step back - the first thing to do is take two balls in one hand.  Holding one, throw the other in the air.  When the 2nd ball hits the peak, throw the 2nd one up so it passes it.

Practice to where you can do this comfortably, and then work on adding the third ball in your other hand as listed above.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

I'd actually take it a step back - the first thing to do is take two balls in one hand.  Holding one, throw the other in the air.  When the 2nd ball hits the peak, throw the 2nd one up so it passes it.

Practice to where you can do this comfortably, and then work on adding the third ball in your other hand as listed above.

The above was how I did it, I never did the 2 ball deal. Though I can do it now...

My first challenge

Step 7: Return to step 3 and loop infinitely (You eventually will be catching and throwing in one smooth motion, not ever really "holding a ball" and you'll be catching with one hand, and throwing with the other pretty much the whole time)

Huh...? I'm struggling to follow that. But it is nearly bedtime. Which one is ball 1 again? How do I retract it? Is it on elastic?

Impressive post necromancy, by the way.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Huh...? I'm struggling to follow that. But it is nearly bedtime. Which one is ball 1 again? How do I retract it? Is it on elastic?

Impressive post necromancy, by the way.

Retract = Move you arm back to it's starting spot. Ball one is a single ball in your right hand, which starts with 2 balls in it.

I know... I didn't want to cast the necromancy spell, but I couldn't help it... since this was something I had trouble with and I know how it feels to be frustrated with it.

My first challenge

Guest Snake McClain

Hey dudes! Sorry for the absence the past month I've been working 55+ hours a week and studying for a certification...which brings me to this...

I am now a certified personal trainer. Thank you thank you. I am very excited. Next step is to start my own business. :D bwahahah

And he's back! Gonna have clients suplexing barbells.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Hey dudes! Sorry for the absence the past month I've been working 55+ hours a week and studying for a certification...which brings me to this...

I am now a certified personal trainer. Thank you thank you. I am very excited. Next step is to start my own business. :D bwahahah

SNAKE!!!!!!

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

MUSHROOM! MUSHROOM!

hah I crack myself up

oh no...

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

If you are not yet 30 and a nerd who enjoys the interwebs, it is unacceptable to not know about this. If you are an old head like Bruce, you were out of high school when it blew up on ebaumsworld and it is understandable, barely.

500 / 330 / 625

Guest Snake McClain

If you are not yet 30 and a nerd who enjoys the interwebs, it is unacceptable to not know about this. If you are an old head like Bruce, you were out of high school when it blew up on ebaumsworld and it is understandable, barely.

i am a bit of an old codger. I see kinds walking and riding in the middle of the street and i want to yell at them. Although on the other hand I (as well as everyone else in the universe ever) am quite aware of this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WgT9gy4zQA

and this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHKHKR8x6A