Forums are back in action! ×

First Regular Pushup!

jjhatch

For the past couple months, I've been doing the beginner bodyweight routine, but I had to modify the pushups and do incline pushups first, then knee pushups later as I couldn't do regular pushups yet. I haven't exactly stuck to the routine, but I have been try to make it a regular thing.

Well, today I managed to do exactly one regular pushup! I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever been able to do one. Had to do knee pushups the rest of the workout, but I'm very happy with myself right now.

Fantastic stuff! You'll be piling the reps on in no time. Well done mate. :)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

MrParsnip the level 0 Fremen
Current challenge

Awesome! I'm slowly starting to work on my #1, too. You damn well should be happy and proud. Congrats!

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost

That is so awesome!!

My intention was to start with some bodyweight routines (You Are Your Own Gym), but the fact that i could only do 3 incline pushups made me realize (actually my wife pointed out) my bodyweight (225 lbs) is a LOT for a beginner to start doing. So i found a dumbbell routine (that is in my Intro in my sig) and i am going to work through it for the rest of this year.

Keep up the great work!

Michael

Atlab'Urlyren Druu'giir -- Apprentice of the Crimson RebelLevel 2 Drow Adventurer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 3 | CON 7 | DEX 3 | WIS 5 | STA 1 | CHA 2----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Introduction | Current Challenge@michaelramm

Archived