Forums are back in action! ×

I'm Not the Only One!

Hiya Rebels!!!

I've been a lurker on this site for months now. I finally read Steve's "What If I am the Only One?" from January and felt 1) relieved that this is a normal feeling when going through a healthy lifestyle change, but also 2) even lonelier within my current social life because I am, indeed, one of the very few individuals committing to, and staying serious about, a lifestyle makeover... and it often has a negative effect on me : (

And so that brings me here! Social support/encouragement is one of the biggest factors that fuels my drive and passion to be a better person every day, and all you Rebels are just the addition I need in my life to sustain my new, and progressing, healthy lifestyle!

Thanks for reading & great to meet you all : )

~J :apple:

Working on making changes without much support can be hard, but welcome to one of the friendliest and most helpful forums around.

and yay for ceasing to be a lurker :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mist, Level 3 Half-orc Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 8.75 | CHA: 4

Third time's the charm - My current challenge thread

Interested in my progress? - My First Challenge & My Second Challenge

Welcome to the forums, I share your feelings, most people around not only do not want a lifestyle change, they actually laugh at any attempt and sometimes even discourage it, (not always consciously), I have heard a lot of "you are not made for this" whether it's running, swimming or rid¡ng a bike, and when I speak of triathlons almost everybody gives me a patronizing look, but I know in my heart I can do it, and I will, I know I have a lot of weight to loose, and a lot of fitness to achieve, but I just finished my first 5k, and as small as it sounds, it was a HUGE accomplishment for me, and the first of many. So if you are looking for a life change, you have come to the right place. Hope to see you again soon.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Archived