Forums are back in action! ×

Hello everyone,

I stumbled on to this site when researching body weight exercises. I have been an athlete my entire life and enjoyed physical fitness in various forms, mainly hitting the gym and playing basketball. I am 5'10 and 150 lbs. and have been since high school, roughly 8 years ago. I spent 6 years in the Air National Guard serving as a medic and am now a college student (again). I am pursuing a career and education in Information Technology and plan on living very well for a very long time.

Anyway, here is the article that brought me here and is the 1st part of my physical goal here on this site.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/23/batman-bodyweight-workout/

The second part of my physical goal is to eat better, I plan on eating a diet that is much cleaner (paleo) than the one I have used previously. I plan to eat as close to paleo standards as I can and as consistently as possible.

My first mental goal will be to pass the CompTIA A+ exam this December, as well as to pass all of my courses this semester to include my first semester of CISCO.

If anyone has any tips I would appreciate it. Do I have to wait to start a 6 week challenge or can I design my own? I have already accomplished some big goals, but I'm not sure how to document it or if I have to be doing it under certain conditions stipulated in the 6 week challenges I have seen.

My 1st challenge is going to be to master the above posted workout, to eat paleo consistently, and to do well in school, so I guess I'm not sure how I need to format my challenge or if I have to wait to join a site held 6 week challenge. Thanks for your help!

Lv.1 Assassin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Str 2 | Dex 2 | Sta 3 | Con 2 | Wis 5 | Cha 1

Hi Tyler, I'm an old geek, getting ready to retire from IT. My husband is a retired Marine, so I spent a number of years working for the USMC (as a civil servent). There is a 6-week challange in progress, you can read up on it. You can join the challenge late & get the feel, or just post in battle logs till the next one rolls around. I'd join the challange anyway, but I'm an INTJ and we don't need no stinkin' rules.

I stumbled onto the site too, about 14 weeks ago. It felt like I'd been in a foreign country and was finally somewhere where they were speaking my native tongue. I'm having fun, and getting fit. So welcome & have fun.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hi Tyler, welcome to the Rebellion. You can join the 6 week challenge, but as you didn't join from the start you won't be entitled to win. That's pretty much the only downside of not joining on time.

See you around!

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Hey Tyler,

As a fellow IT Professional, I can fully understand the discipline needed to pass IT Certification classes. Good luck in those as well as your fitness goals!

Michael

Atlab'Urlyren Druu'giir -- Apprentice of the Crimson RebelLevel 2 Drow Adventurer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 3 | CON 7 | DEX 3 | WIS 5 | STA 1 | CHA 2----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Introduction | Current Challenge@michaelramm

Archived