Forums are back in action! ×

Hi new from Seattle!

Hello everyone. I am 32 and from Seattle, Wa. I came across this site while researching the Paleo diet. So far two weeks in on both diet and exercise changes. Really excited to move forward. I am what you would call a closeted nerd :) I explained to one of my friends how I couldnt come hang out after work because Diablo III just came out and they looked at me like I was speaking Klingon. No I don't speak Klingon lol.

Current goals:

Stay off booze for a month while focusing on fitness

Limit social gatherings that require eating but if unable to avoid make paleo friendly choices.

Hike more!!!!

Focus on me

Become a runner

Say hello! I really would love some online support as my roomies and friends are not easy to talk to about health.

Hello! Welcome to the Rebellion! I can promise you that we will be much more supportive than your friends are. What do you think of Paleo so far?

(& RPGs ftw)

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

Hi Tocho!

It's been great as my cravings have gone away entirely as well as I am more energetic and able to sleep at night without insomnia.

Downside is it's hard to eat out which is actually good but like last night went to a karaoke contest with friends and had to leave work go to gym shower change at gym go home and cook quick meal because I knew bar food doesn't equate to Paleo friendly or healthy in any way. So my social life is taking a hit but if I can find both friends and a boyfriend at the gym I will be fine since most of my spare time during the week is spent there lol

Welcome to the Rebellion, Chatty!

Congrats on your Paleo decision. It should help you get to your goals!

Like Tocho said, we are here for support <and accountability>. Once you get some concrete steps for your goals, be sure to start a Battle Log to keep yourself accountable as well as help us help you!

Please ask any and all questions that you have. There is someone here that can help you out.

Michael

Atlab'Urlyren Druu'giir -- Apprentice of the Crimson RebelLevel 2 Drow Adventurer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 3 | CON 7 | DEX 3 | WIS 5 | STA 1 | CHA 2----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Introduction | Current Challenge@michaelramm

Thanks Michael.

Okay after reading other threads I shall share more.

My journey with weight has been this. I have always been a bigger girl but after a very unhappy marriage I skyrockted in weight shooting up to almost 400lbs. (see pic). I didn't feel very big but looking back so much of my life was closed off. My favorite things now like hiking, kayaking and the gym were impossible. I decided to get fit one day and then lost a lot of weight (100+ pounds). When you weigh almost 400lbs and loose half of it there is a real challange part of you is like go me and the other park is like wow I am still pretty big. My biggest inspiration during this last couple years has been the loss of my mother who died tragically at 49 and was morbidly obese. She was such a great woman I want to continue her legacy and this is just one way I know how.

Weight loss Goals:

currently I am at 237: (after a ten pound loss on paleo go paleo!)I'm going to do a yaay im in Onederland dance at 199

I'd feel im making progess (again) at 185

I would be happy at 165 but muscular

I would cry tears of joy and become a nerd fitness monk at 145

Upcoming goals:

Be able to buy a wardrobe I can stick with for awhile. I have lost so much so often I literally have the same clothes on repeat cause I don't keep them long.

Complete my hike list

Save money for voluntering in South Africa (summer 2013) by not eating out more than once a week

Get back to crossfit. I love my gym but I miss feeling like a macho man and I heart crossfit for that.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5829[/ATTACH]

post-10484-13567245135208_thumb.jpg

Wow, that is a wonderful weight loss. A long road, but you've really gone a long, long way. I think your mother would be very proud of you.

I'm the only nerd (although I prefer geek) where I work, and I get a lot of blank stares too. Well, you can not only get your nerd-fix here, but some encouragement as well.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hello everyone. I am 32 and from Seattle, Wa.

Seattle

~sigh~ my favorite city!!

I explained to one of my friends how I couldnt come hang out after work because Diablo III just came out and they looked at me like I was speaking Klingon. No I don't speak Klingon lol.

nuqneH!

(I'm sure I'm not the only one on Nerd Fitness that speaks a smattering of tlhIngan :) )

Current goals:

Stay off booze for a month while focusing on fitness

Yay another one! One month and a few days here (I wasn't an addict, but I did enjoy my buzz, blargh)

Okay after reading other threads I shall share more.

My journey with weight has been this. I have always been a bigger girl but after a very unhappy marriage I skyrockted in weight shooting up to almost 400lbs. (see pic)...

currently I am at 237: (after a ten pound loss on paleo go paleo!)I'm going to do a yaay im in Onederland dance at 199

Holy WOW!

A-maze-ing!

Great job, chatty!

Jeez, the more I read on the forums the more inspired I get :)

Welcome aboard!

Just Fracking DO it!

Yay, Seattle! Welcome, and congrats on your already very amazing weight loss :) You'll find lots of people here who are very knowledgeable and supportive of the paleo diet. And very cool that you're going to S Africa!

Thanks! Looks like there's quite a few PacNWers here! I am waving a big hello but you probably can't see it amongst all these invading clouds.

I, for one, am sort of glad the rain is coming back. I feel super guilty staying home all day reading or watching a movie when it's not raining, so now I feel free to geek out again.

BTW - amazing job so far! Keep it up.

Thanks. I welcome the rain as well but it makes me want to hibernate instead of say hit the gym lol I pushed through today and went to the gym :)

Archived