Forums are back in action! ×

new to fitness

hey guys i was always active in my youth skating and snowboarding, which has left me kind of busted in my late twenties. i've been sedentary for the last few years and now i wanna get active again. i've started jogging a little and doing a few body weight exercises (pushups, squats, hanging from pullup bars cause i can't pullup lol). i'm looking into getting some advice on diet and more advanced routines as i grow into that.

i noticed there is a subforum of classes, like what workouts people like. interesting is there a quick guide to each class's emphasis?

Welcome to the Rebellion!

As a matter of fact there is a guide to help you find your class.

Read it over and ask any and all questions that you have.

Atlab'Urlyren Druu'giir -- Apprentice of the Crimson RebelLevel 2 Drow Adventurer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 3 | CON 7 | DEX 3 | WIS 5 | STA 1 | CHA 2----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Introduction | Current Challenge@michaelramm

ok well based on my reading i'm either a half-elf or a human.

and the class is hard to define:

scout, druid or monk...

i plan on taking some krav maga in the near future (monk), i am doing yoga and meditation now (druid) and i have a goal to make a 3-mile jog in 30-min (scout).

i guess i feel most comfortable with half elf monk...

something like:

• (STR) - 2
  • (DEX) - 3
  • (STA) - 2
  • (CON) - 2
  • (WIS) - 3
  • (CHA) - 3

my fiance and i are going to reduce carbs, but you try telling a korean woman not to eat rice.

but yeah in all seriousness we can't see ourselves giving up carbs completely, but thanks to NF's main articles i'm not going to be scared to get calories from fats, giving me room to reduce carbs significantly.

i've been jogging a little bit and doing basic body weight stuff but i feel like i'm loosing ground on both fronts. i'm having trouble with sustained jogging and i went form one or two pullups to barely half of one...so i am worried i'm running too much of a calorie deficit. i'm 6' and about 170-180lbs...i'm very skinny except for a beer belly...i am having a lot of trouble sorting out how many calories i need to gain some muscle while loosing beer belly (i have quit beer (&other booz) to help that).

Archived