Forums are back in action! ×

I'm not actually new

But because I'm a freaking REBEL I posted here anyway. Bwahahahaha.

Okay so I haven't been around in a long time, and it is definitely starting to show. I can't even remember what happened last time. Here's hoping it sticks? Bah, what am I saying? The only thing that's ever been consistent with me is my own inconsistencies. :)

Anyway, fun life changes. Getting divorced, for one, and holy hell is that a blessing. I can't remember the last time I was as happy as I've been the few months I've been living away from my spouse. Maybe never. But it's stressful, as most major life changes are, and stress usually leads to me not giving a flying rat's ass what I put in my body.

I've been getting kind of depressed and moody lately, and as I slathered over a barbecue sandwich last night (with a dinner roll on the side, mind you), sipped my tea, and dipped my french fries into ketchup that was particularly greasy, I realized it maybe might have something to do with my diet.

Yeah, there's exercise to be done too, but I re-read the "Level Up Your Life" article where Steve describes it as playing an RPG and I realized that I can afford to take some steps, so I'm going to start with my diet. I'm moving to a modified Paleo. Also lots and lots of water. Lots and lots. There are things I won't give up (at least not yet), like coffee, and the occasional grain-based product (maybe twice a week?), but mostly I just want to seriously increase my intake of vegetables and non-shitty meats. The last time I did this I ate a crapload of bacon and sausage and while that was delicious, I don't think it was quite the point of Paleo. Once I've made that change relatively successfully, I should be in a better position to start a more serious exercise routine. I've got a Bowflex and a gym membership (both!) so I don't have many excuses left.

Life is stressful and expensive and sometimes it sucks a lot, but I always feel better when I'm getting my fruits and veggies.

So hai thar. Back again.

Glad to hear you're getting out from under and have returned to fight another day. Still fighting spates of depression myself, but the improved diet and exercise really helps. I don't drink, don't smoke, eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, exercise and darn it, I'm not going to give up coffee. Personally, I'm more worried about what goes into the packaged foods than a little caffeine. Now, repeat after me...I have a bowflex, and I'm not afraid to use it... Be looking for you posts.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

hey welcome back. definitely keep in touch, and you'll get lots of encouragement here.

also if your the competitive type, join a guild and start competing in the challenges. i found it very motivating.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mark, Level 2 Giant Ranger

STR 4.5|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3.25|WIS 5.25|CHA 4.75

[/TABLE]

Archived