Forums are back in action! ×

New Rebel Incoming

Hello!

I'm Ski (pronounced as "sky" for the record :playful: ). I've been struggling with getting into decent shape for a while now, and I've gotten fed up with my own moping and complaining about how I can't seem to get things right. I stumbled across Nerd Fitness about a week ago (during my online sources research into the Paleo Diet), and have been loving the concepts and everything so far. I'm really excited to get this ball rolling here, as I'm such a nerd at heart, I can't believe I didn't think to THINK of life and doing the things that I want like this before.

For starters, my main focus is changing my diet entirely. I have some horrible eating habits that I want to change, and that's where I plan to start. After that, I'm going to move onto starting regular exercise. I have a few routines that I'd like to try out (mainly weight-lifting, but I would like to try out some other activities as well), and that I've attempted before, but never made much progress since I was tackling my bad eating habits at the same time. And after that... well, I'll figure it out when I get there.

I've wanted to improve, or as they say around here, level up my life, for a long time now. I'm more than ready to take action and work my way there, and I'm confident that this place, and this mentality, will definitely help me get there!

So many of us stumble into NF and stay. So what is the plan for going from your current eating to paleo eating? You sound like someone that would work well with a phased approach instead of a big all-at-once change. Maybe stop all bread/cookie/cakes, but keep brown rice and a few natural grain products? Taper off sodas? Let everyone know what the plan is and you'll get a lot more productive advice. Good luck & hope you stick around.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks. I really enjoy this place so far, so I'm aiming to stick around.

And you kinda read my thoughts on that one. I've always tried to change everything at once, which is why I kept failing at it. This time, I was planning on hitting one habit at a time and not moving onto the next until I got that first one down. I'm working on the exact plan right now and plan on posting it as soon as it's finished.

Hello again, Ski!

So many of us stumble into NF and stay. So what is the plan for going from your current eating to paleo eating? You sound like someone that would work well with a phased approach instead of a big all-at-once change. Maybe stop all bread/cookie/cakes, but keep brown rice and a few natural grain products? Taper off sodas? Let everyone know what the plan is and you'll get a lot more productive advice. Good luck & hope you stick around.

I really like this approach. I'm already on the no soda/pop/soda pop/coke kick.

SkiBlue - I think the habit change like you said above is perfect. Can't wait to see your game plan. Your post reminds me that I need to get one in place for myself as well.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Natastic, level 1 High Elf adventurer

STR 2|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 4

[/TABLE]
SkiBlue - I think the habit change like you said above is perfect. Can't wait to see your game plan. Your post reminds me that I need to get one in place for myself as well.

I'm currently on that step (and eating at home at least once a day) right now as well. I've split them up, two for each week. I'm hoping to have completely changed my diet by the beginning of December. My quest log has all the details so far.

Wow, this looks like a great plan, and hope it's going well. I found out that I got migraines if I didn't have enough fat in the morning, so I make sure I eat some nuts or something early in the day.

Thanks! It's going all right so far. And I'll have to give that a try as well, since that's really the only correlation I've noticed with my migraines (the lack of decent breakfast, that is).

Archived