Forums are back in action! ×

Well, this seems pretty neat...

Hiya,

For over 3 years I've been toying with the idea of improving myself, but for the most part, only had short term successes before I got bored, gave up and went back to whatever game I was playing at the time. I'd imagine that this seems pretty familiar to a lot of you.

Then, yesterday, I stumbled across this site. I feel like a fool for not finding it sooner!

Well, the important thing is that I'm here now and I intend to make the most of it.

My initial aim is to drop my weight so that it'll fit into the 'ideal' BMI category (Perhaps not the best measure of success, I might end up changing it as my INT increases), although after that I intend to work on my stamina, dexterity and constitution.

See you all around

Ardek (or Rupert, if you prefer)

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ardek, level 1 Half-Gnome adventurer

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

[/TABLE]

"Life's like a sewer, what you get out of it depends upon what you put into it" - Tom Lehrer

Thank you for the greetings and for the tips.

I could have sworn that I wrote a reply earlier, but clearly I never hit the send button. Go me.

I have taken your advice and taken a couple of photos as well as weighed myself (other measurements will be taken once I'm back home - with a measuring tape).

I can not wait to look at the 'after' pictures however many months down the line... mostly 'cos excercise sucks! (At the mo). Ah well, it'll all start to be worth it when I start to see progress.

Thanks again.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ardek, level 1 Half-Gnome adventurer

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

[/TABLE]

"Life's like a sewer, what you get out of it depends upon what you put into it" - Tom Lehrer

I can not wait to look at the 'after' pictures however many months down the line... mostly 'cos excercise sucks! (At the mo). Ah well, it'll all start to be worth it when I start to see progress.

Thanks again.

Hey Ardek, I thought exercise sucked when I started too, and I have fallen in serious like with it over the past 6 weeks. Give it time -- it grows on you. And I hear you about the after photos...I'm almost due for my next set and am really excited to see if I can see the change in the photos yet.... Here's to being able to honestly say "I will never look like that again".

Cheers!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Archived