Forums are back in action! ×

Dealing with Discouragement. (You guys are Awesome)

Amazon Grimm

This is an awesome community.

I keep hitting setbacks in my quest for awesomeness. The few times I've really gotten fed up I've come on here, gotten encouragement, and threw myself back into my quest.

I'm looking at the worst setback yet. My entire progress on SS is in question due to my recently discovered form issues.

I've gotten so much encouragement already that when I realized I needed to basically redo the whole program, I automatically bounced back, did the research I need to deal with my form and mobility, and set myself up to restart, without specifically waiting for the "You can do it, Grimm"s

Thank you.

GrimmThing - Warrior

Maybe I'm just too dumb to collapse - - too ugly to die !! I'll let you figure out the reasons...

Current ChallengeNF Workout Log

It is very awesome isn't it? After a while you just start to internalize it. I hear you on the having to start over do to bad form. Just had to do it on pull ups. And the NF rebellion encouraged me to keep on plugging.

I was listening to a podcast with Robb Wolff and Greg Everett. They said how people always complain when they had to restart due to bad form. But after they corrected the form they were then able to come back and make quicker and stronger gains. I am sure that is what you are on the way to doing

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

That's what makes this a community, so much more than a forum. We all have low moments, but these people really care about others. I've only ever encountered wonderful people here. Glad you are working through your issues with SS, it's a great program.

LVL 3 Animagus Ranger
STR: 8.8 | DEX: 5.6 | STA: 6.25 | CON:8.55 | WIS: 6 | CH: 6

"Today is not tomorrow." -Unknown
Third Challenge: Victorious Valentine
Current Maxes(Female 160lb bwt): OHP 110x2, Squat 265x1, DL 275x1 , BP 140x1

That's awesome Grimm. Keep working on the form and the rest will come, it happens to all of us at some point.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Constant work on form is what I truly love about working out. Don't see it as a set back!!! Be a student for life. Come on, you are a nerd. You like nerdy things - learning stuff is nerdy! Think of it like a game - you work that level over and over and over until you get the jump just right or the right angle for the shot, etc. Same with your lifts.

Back when I went to a lot of yoga one of the best take aways was that we were all always students. I have always carried that with me. Now when I lift, I'm always a student. I want people to watch and correct me. I love the tweaks, the enhancements, and I need to know when I'm not performing at my best.

This is an awesome place for that support! Don't be discouraged - be encouraged! Form correction is awesome feedback and gives you room to grow. Now... see where you go! Whooooo hooo!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Archived