Forums are back in action! ×

1st week down

SonOfTrident

After the first week following a Paleo type diet I am down 7lbs! I know most of it is water weight, but its a great feeling to see the scale move. Eating has been great, I just have to find more meals to cook before hand so I can bring lunches to work and such. Also, how does everyone incorporate more fat into their diet? I was thinking cheese, but Ive heard a lot of people are not on the dairy wagon and it stalls them. Maybe more oils on salad and more nuts?

Thanks everyone, this place is great, love all the inspiring stories and support!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SonOfTrident, level 1 Lycan warrior

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

Hey SOT, great job sticking to Paleo for a whole week....those 7 pounds were hard earned! If you happen to like the taste of beef, adding more of it in your diet will help increase your fat content...or you could always fall back on Steve's stragegy (olive oil shots *shudder*).

Good luck!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Congratulations. As for lunches to bring in to work, I spend a few hours Sunday prepping for the week. I chop my veggies and then divide them into Tupperware for individual breakfasts (as part of my egg white and veggie scrambles) and dinners (stir fry). While I'm doing this, I also bake 5-7 chicken breasts. When they are done, I cut them up into bite size portions, put them in baggies, and put them in the fridge. On work days, just grab a baggie of chicken, a bag of frozen Steamfresh veggies, and a 100 calorie guacamole pack and I have lunch for the day. On days I think I'll be really hungry (or days when I've lifted in the morning before work) I also bring in a can of tuna fish and just eat it plain with some Frank's Red Hot in addition to the normal lunch.

Archived