Forums are back in action! ×

Lugh, Multiverse Adventurer at your service

Why hello there!

I've been lurking both around the forum and the main website for the past two or three months and finally decided to register in time to set up everything for the next six week challenge.

I'm currently a Master student in South Korea, Seoul where I will stay during the next two years (well, actually more like one and a half). Despite having loads of free time I am hardly ever productive and I want to change that.

As far as I can remember I've always been a slightly overweight kid and now I'm simply overweight. I'm 185cm and 96.0-ish kg. (According to my best friend, that's like 6'0" and 214lbs) My scale is not quite as precise as it should though. According to the same scale my body fat is at 27%. I don't exactly trust that scale but there is no doubt I'm above 25%.

A few weeks back, I started doing bodyweight exercises and I was able to repeat it every other day. Of course, I missed some sessions but I'm trying to ignore that and just start it again the next day. My favourites are the Angry Bird and the Beginner Body Weight Routine (although it seems I have forgotten the walking lunges part of the last one... Oh well, I'll add it tomorrow).

As of yesterday, I just finished the level 3 of Squats, my Push Ups are level 1 with two stars (Incline push ups), my 1st level Back exercises have three stars but I don't have the material for level two (Going to try and find a way to fix that, no way I'm stuck there for that reason) and finally, planking is... painful... Level 1, two stars. This is fairly modest but a month ago I was not even able to do a single, proper, push up, so that's still an improvement.

Among the projects I have in mind for the near future are:

I also wish at some point to complete the Rejection Therapy (which actually sounds kind of fun) and to become a proper Ravenclaw by learning various spells (reading extracurricular academic articles in my field of study, each summarized article becoming a "spell"). Among my other interest there would also be: becoming a Jedi (not quite sure how yet, but working on it... Meditation, Public speaking, Martial training of some kind? - Unrelated: Did you know Jediism was an actual religion ?) as well as becoming a Master Pokemon (once again, no clue how that could be translated into my life but also working on it) and becoming a Polyglot (this time I need a fun concept to put on that, currently 30/40% done depending on how you count it).

I tend to have problems sticking to a program (of any kind) but hopefully joining this community will help.

In itself, although I do wish to reduce my bodyweight, at the begining to less than 90kgs (<200lbs-ish) and my bodyfat below 20%, I don't want to focus on that as I'm quite certain the scale would make me go crazy. On the other hand, I really HAVE to control my food intake and will probably be needing help from you guys.

As such, I present myself as a mere (Human) Multiverse Adventurer in need of guidance and support. I will do my best to become a productive part of this community and help to the best of my abilities.

Cheers!

L.

Ps: I have shamelessly stolen esteel's signature design, I hope it's alright ^^'

[table]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[table]

LVL1

STR 2

DEX 2

CON 3

MULTIVERSE

STA 1

WIS 4

CHA 3

TRAVELER

Introduction

Chronicles

Current Quest

[/table]

[/table]

Hi! Welcome to the rebellion. Out of curiousity, would your name be pronounced like "lew" or like "lug" or like "luff"? :) Great job already getting started on your goals and your ulimate goal list! And I'm sure the sig-style is fine -- as far as I know we haven't patented them.... :) Welcome aboard Lugh. Here's to hitting all your goals and becoming a Jedi Pokemon Ravenclaw MASTER.

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Thanks Hiraedd!

In my head I read it kind of... I don't know... Supposedly it's prononciation is "Lew" (like "lewd" but without the "d"). So hem... Yeah... Exactly ^^'

I guess the Ultimate Quest will be one of my next post as well as opening my Chronicles (Daily Log).

Now... Does Hiraedd have anything to do with "Hiraeth/Hiraedd"? The feeling of hem... Fado ? (It doesn't exactly translate well in english but I guess some kind of painful longing/homesickness of the past~ish ?) *Language geek*

[table]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[table]

LVL1

STR 2

DEX 2

CON 3

MULTIVERSE

STA 1

WIS 4

CHA 3

TRAVELER

Introduction

Chronicles

Current Quest

[/table]

[/table]

Thanks for telling me about your name...I tend to pronouce people's usernames in my head when I see them, and ones like yours tend to puzzle me...:)

Now... Does Hiraedd have anything to do with "Hiraeth/Hiraedd"? The feeling of hem... Fado ? (It doesn't exactly translate well in english but I guess some kind of painful longing/homesickness of the past~ish ?) *Language geek*

:) I always took it to mean something like "a desperate homesickness for a place/time you've never experienced" (translations are so difficult to get precise...) but yeah, absolutely! You totally just made my day!! Squee!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Archived