Forums are back in action! ×

My super rad intro thread.

Hi Everyone!

I'm Lauren and I am crazy out of shape. :upset: I'm a mother of 5, ranging in age from 10 years old to 2 months. In between pregnancies I've successfully lost weight by following a Paleo diet but I have always been fail at any type of exercise.

I'm turning 30 next month and I have decided that I am tired of being fat and tired. I want my 30's to be awesome. I also want to be able to keep up with my kiddos because they have tons of energy.

I'm more focused on looking leaner and becoming stronger instead of worrying so much about what the scale says. I would need to lose 75 pounds to be considered in healthy BMI range. I'm currently wearing a size 18 pants (omg nooo). *cracks knuckles*

My short term goals are:

1: Stick to a structured work out plan. I bought Rebel Fitness and I have a set of adjustable dumbbells on the way from Amazon.

1.5: Take the time to properly learn the different exercises for the workout routine.

2: Work my way up to being able to do a regular pushup.

3: Continue to cook plenty of healthy foods so I do not binge eat sweets.

4: Go to bed every night before 11. I have a terrible habit of staying up until 1 or 2 am for "me" time and it's killing me. This is going to be my hardest goal as I love being a night owl.

5: Drink moar water. Thankfully I don't have a soda habit but I could do better to up my water intake.

Long term goals:

1: Fit into single digit pants size.

2: Get my blood pressure out of pre-hypertensive range.

3: Do a pull up.

4: Run in a 5K (right now I can barely run to my mail box and back)

5: Profit??

I'm excited to start the next challenge round. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullsh*t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.†-Jordan Belfort

Daily Battle Log

My Paleo Meals Blog

My First Challenge!!

You always failed before, but now you're a rebel, so you are going to forget what you did before and start afresh, right? I assume you're going to do all of your workouts at home. I do the same with limited equipment. I have a treadmill, but you can always walk outside (weather permitting), and do body-weight training. I like the beginners body weight (circuits) myself. Good job joining up; you'll be setting a great example for your kids.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I will be working out at home. If I had to leave the house, I would never get around to it. For Cardio days I am doing Zumba and Dance Central on my Xbox 360. It's actually fun.

“The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullsh*t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.†-Jordan Belfort

Daily Battle Log

My Paleo Meals Blog

My First Challenge!!

Welcome!

Don't forget to spend a little time in introspection thinking about where your diet has tended to go off the rails in the past, and how you're going to work around those problem areas this time. If you're not sure how to handle them, then have a hunt around the boards, and/or ask for advice. :)

Thank you for the suggestion. I have two problems when it comes to diet. The first one is running out of Paleo legit chow (meaning something more interesting than just some scrambled eggs). I'm avoiding that problem by cooking large portions to keep in the fridge and making extra trips to the store if I have to. The 2nd problem is when I am exhausted and stressed, I want sugar. I can go overboard on fruit so I am avoiding it for now and trying to eliminate the sugar craving demons. If I had my say I would get rid of any sugary non Paleo food in the kitchen but I am over ruled by the evil husband and his minions. ;)

Daily Battle Log

My Paleo Meals Blog

My First Challenge!!

Archived