Forums are back in action! ×

New Recruit

Hey there! My name is Nicholas, though I go by Muffunz online. Let me start with a little backstory;

Growing up, I was always the tiny guy. Short, skinny, timid. Until recently, I really hated myself for it; I never felt confident in anything I did, especially socially. At this point in my life I've come to terms with my natural size, and I actually really embrace it now, but I do still have a few goals I want to meet, namely putting on some weight in the form of muscle.

I won't be calorie counting, and I won't be weighing in every single day. Instead, I'm going to make some drastic changes to my diet by going as paleo as I can manage, and I'm going to start running and working out based on guides and information here. I won't be using any kind of gym, it'll just be a pullup bar and a set of weights in my apartment, and running around throughout Austin with my headphones plugged in.

If you have any tips for me on switching to a paleo diet, or exactly what kind of weight training a tiny guy like me should do for the results I want, I'd greatly appreciate.

Looking forward to meeting some new faces along my journey!

-Muffunz

Elf Assassin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 STA | 2 CON | 4 DEX | 3 WIS | 4 CHA | 0 STR

"I can't tell if I'm a good person, or I'm faking really well." - George Watsky

Idols - Dick Grayson, Mike Mo Capaldi, Monkey D. Luffy

http://muffunz.tumblr.com

Training Begins

Bah on tiny! You're just compact and efficient. I'm still working on paleo by stages; I started out by deleting bread and packaged anything. I don't see why you need anything special for your weight training. I really like the beginners body weight strength training myself; its pretty tailorable. But look around at the different routines and pick one you think is fun. Welcome aboard.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hey Muffunz! Nice to meet you :) Our fearless rebel leader Steve has been working on bulking up and getting stronger, which is what lead him to design the site. If you have the money, try checking out his rebel strenth guide -- he talks in depth in it about how to bulk and what kind of exercises to do. (Sorry I can't offer real-life advice, since I have the opposite struggle) I do know he talked about having to have some carbs in his diet when he was trying to bulk because otherwise he lost weight on paleo... anyway, there are lots of people around in similar situations, so I'm sure you'll find lots of help. Drop past a few of the warriors' threads and see what they eat and how they train for some additional inspiration! Good luck!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Archived