Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! New Nerd From Toronto!

Hello! I came across Nerd Fitness the other day and immediately signed up! I started power lifting and CrossFit a year ago and fell in love with it almost instantly, which was crazy as I was the girl that dropped gym class as soon as she could! Growing up, I was a dancer and while I loved ballet, it unfortunately had some negative effects on my personal body image. Long story short- I developed a very unhealthy relationship with food but I am proud to say that it has been four years since and I am now very proud of my body! I love food and I run my own catering company and sell my products at local markets within the city.

One year ago I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and so I had to cut out all gluten from my diet. I was raised a vegetarian (and I have been a vegan) however, I now eat seafood and I am currently dabbling with the idea of eating red meat (not chicken because it grosses me out for some reason!). Since I am starting Paleo I think that it might be a good idea to start eating meat as I will probably become tired of eggs and seafood rather quickly and I have eliminated all legumes and soy protein from my diet. Are there any other Paleo Vegetarians on here? Any ideas? Should I cross over to the dark side?

While I have felt an immense change in my body because I removed gluten, I am curious to see how the removal of dairy will effect my body.

:love_heart: BreWest :love_heart:

Archived