Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and Salutations!

Hi, everyone. I have been lurking here for a month or so and just became a Rebel this week!

I started a bootcamp last December and realized how much better I could feel. That hooked me big time. At some point I hurt either a glute muscle or a tendon or both. In any event, I've been working thru that with success. It's been slow, but I feel for the first time in my life that I'll be able to keep this going. It's changed me profoundly.

I just turned 48, and when I started the bootcamp (P90 btw), I was about 20lbs overweight. My goal wasn't weight loss, but to feel better. I also have a goal of some day having Linda Hamilton arms (T2 style).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6063[/ATTACH] :encouragement:

Right now I'm doing the beginner bodyweight program I found here. I've had to modify the lunges with my chiropractor's help until my glute/tendon heals fully and I can strengthen that side. Yesterday I was able to level up on pushups and Rows, and today's soreness is wonderful!

GLAD TO BE HERE!

post-10974-13567245267941_thumb.jpg

[TABLE=width: 400, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

WonderChele

level 1 Halfling assassin

STR 1|DEX 0|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 4|CHA 4

[/TABLE]

I also had to modify the lunges, but for my knees. It took about 8 weeks for me to build up, but I finally did (but then I'm older than you are). It's frustrating, but not as frustrating as get re-injured. I love the way I feel after my beginner bodyweight program. Glad you could join the fun.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived