Forums are back in action! ×

HI GUYS, HOW ARE YOU DOING?

Hi guys, so i've been out of shape for a while. i've always been in and out of shape, it's a never ending cycle!! So what actually brought me here was steve's beginner's guide to getting in shape lol. It was a great read, and i finally realize that where ive gone is that ive never had any real support or anybody to push me to doing my best. So im wondering if there's anybody out there whose going through the same thing, who can offer some advice. Anybody?

Warrior-Adventurer

Str: 3 Dex: 3 Sta: 5 Con: 2 Wis: 0.5 Cha: 1.5

Welcome! There are lots of us here who are just starting to figure out what it means to be in shape, so you're in good company. Steve's beginner bodyweight workout is a great place to start, and so is looking at what/how much you're eating (regardless of whether your goal is to lose weight or to bulk up you need to know what is going in!). Ask anything you want, and browse the forums, there's LOTS of info on here, including a beginners section. Hope to see you around!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Read up, and lay out a plan. Toss it out on the forum for comments/feedback. Remember - it's okay to start from where ever you're at. If you can only do wall pushups, that's fine, just do the best wall pushups you can until you build up enough to do incline pushups. Read up on some of the challenge threads so you'll be ready when the next challenge starts. See you around.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Welcome!

Just out of curiosity, what do you want to accomplish? If it is push ups, Hiraedd is the journey to read! Awesome progress there!

My suggestion is to figure out what you want to get done and simply ask for the help you need! We are all in this together!

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

I realize that I forgot to post my goals, lol. So here they are

Current goals

1. Cut weight (Currently weigh about 170 lb.) I want to drop down to about 155-160.

2. Add strength and muscle

Lifetime goal:

1. To pick up good habits so that I can live a healthier lifestyle. I know im only 19 years old, but the way I figure it's good to start earlier so that i'll be all the more wiser on healthy life choices when I got older. So any advice on any workouts or challenges would be most helpful. Thanks guys!

Warrior-Adventurer

Str: 3 Dex: 3 Sta: 5 Con: 2 Wis: 0.5 Cha: 1.5

Well, there's lots of things to do for all of them! How do you prefer to go about the weight loss? Are you a calorie counter, or are you interested in trying Paleo (there's a large community of them here). Check out the weight loss and nutrition areas of the forum for some more ideas. Adding strength is usually by either bodyweight workouts or by weight lifting (as well as by eating enough protien, especially if you're trying to lose weight at the same time). There's a section to help you develop a workout, but if you're just starting the beginners bodyweight circuit might be a good basic beginning (you have to have some of the moves down before you do the big lifts anyway, if it so happens that you're interested in lifts).

You're right: now is the time for starting to build healthy habits....but YOU are the one who is going to have to figure out what habits you want and how you want to make them happen in your life. Can't wait to hear what you want to do! (PS: there's a 6 week challenge on right now. Drop by some threads and see what people are working on -- you'll probably find yourself inspired :) and if you want you can still join in! -- it might be too late to "win" officially, but the real WIN is the achievements you make)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Archived