Forums are back in action! ×

Pack it up, pack it in, let me begin...

So here I am. I’ve been searching for a while for a fitness and health community that I feel like I can connect with, and it looks like I’ve found it! Having a hard time organizing my thoughts right now, reading the forums and learning about the Rebellion has got me really excited and I’m not sure where to start…I guess with my “statsâ€: I’m 6’ tall and right now my weight is about 300, size 20/22.

As a single mom, a derby girl and a social worker (in that order) I’m on the go a lot; but I don’t use my downtime well and struggle with motivation to move my body more. My goal is to improve strength, endurance and agility on the track (Bohemian Bombshell is my name, flat track roller derby is my game) as well as flexibility. I attend a three hour on-skates practice with my team twice a week and my skills have improved dramatically – this month I competed in my first bout, and when I joined the team back in April I literally didn’t know how to skate at all. But it’s not enough. I want to start the C25K program in our off-season over the holidays, in addition to bodyweight resistance, plyometrics, and yoga.

My relationship with food is a story all by itself. I eat mostly whole foods, locally sourced when I can, and I love to cook. I’ve been (mostly) following Paleo since the beginning of September with mixed results but I can see the benefits and want to stick with it. My weaknesses are weekends, boredom, and emotional eating. I tend to overindulge in booze on the weekends, common among my social group, and this leads me to lowered self-restraint and eating *all the things* at 1am. I’d also like to find ways to “reward†myself besides food, and let’s face it – single parenthood can be a lonely enterprise and sometimes the feedbag is consolation.

Sooooo basically I wanna lose inches (size 14-16 is my goal), get mad toned, have more energy to do stuff with my kid, increase frustration tolerance, quit smoking for reals, and stop fat-shaming myself. I’m not much of a gamer or very tech-savvy, but we’re all nerds in our own way right? Getting the hang of the points and challenges will be a learning experience for me, but it sounds like fun and will give me some much-needed structure and accountability. In return, Rebels, I pledge to bring good humour, wit, and empathy to this Alliance…along with a fierce booty block and shiny purple shorts.

bombshell

level 3

amazon adventurerSTR 8.5|DEX 2.75|STA 7.25|CON 8|WIS 9.25|CHA 3

queen of the rink

Welcome bombshell!, you'll find lots of useful information and encouragement around here, make sure you check the Six Week Challenge, It's a fun way to set some goals, and keep track of them, in a medium-term system, works for a lot of us and gives us a reason to post and get to know each other.

Have fun, and hope to see you around.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

A good start is the mile a morning challenge which was just posted on the blog today! sounds like you know what you want so, I'd say browse the forums, check out the blog, and at the next six week challenge, wade your way into the water and start inching toward the deep end!

Otherwise, welcome to the rebellion!

Level 3 Martial Monk, True Neutral

STR: 6.5 | DEX: 6 | STA: 7 | CON: 9 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 6

My First Challenge

Welcome and as a member of the rebellion from the UK that is neither fresh OR fly (yeah, THAT old), I'm not entirely sure what a " fierce booty block" is but you (&it) are welcome.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

First, I love House of Pain, so awesome title...

Secondly, as a derby widower ( my wife skates for the blitzkrieg betties in okinawa) I gotta say, welcome aboard!

Lv 2 Human Assassin
Str:4
Dex:3
Sta:2
Con:1
Wis:2
Cha:0
Motto: "Don't give up yet...You've still got a couple of M*therf*ckers to prove wrong!"
Previous Challenge:Challenge 1: Ryan's Quest for Inner Peace

Archived