Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings and Salutations!

Hi everyone! Wow it's been years since I've been part of a forum. Really glad to be here.

I'm Shelby, and I'm ready to become an Bad-Assassin with a Druid side. Have been for a while, but my motivation was at an all-time low. I got a kick in the pants to jump start me the other day when I realized that I couldn't walk up the four flights of stairs in the parking garage without gasping at the top, and every photo taken of me in the last year includes this mysterious extra chin that's apparently been hanging out with my normal chin unbeknownst to me.

I just got out of a more than year-long relationship with someone who was in love with my fat - and as romantic as that could be, it wasn't a big motivator for me to get fit. "I love your fat belly," he'd say. He'd call it a pooch. While that was endearing, and while he always encouraged me to just be happy with my figure, it wasn't what I wanted. I don't want a pooch.

Plus I'm weak as hell.

Already started my Paleo diet and just began the Beginner Body Weight workout. Feeling better already. Trying to figure out how to set realistic goals, and looking forward to participating in challenges!

Woohoo!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Pixie Assassin

STR: 2 | DEX: 2.5 | CON: 3 | STA: 1.5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Hi Shelby.

It's one thing to have a boyfriend who loves you for who you are, but having someone love you for your pooch isn't any different than having someone love you for being a super model. It's what's inside that counts, as cliche as that is.

he always encouraged me to just be happy with my figure

Remove the word "just", from this statement. Be happy with your figure. It's you and you should love it. But that doesn't mean you have to settle either. Be happy with it, but make it better, and be happier with it!

Isn't Paleo great? It changed my life. Challenges are so much fun, you're going to love it! Let me know if you need any help with goal setting, it's a little tricky the first time because you don't have a basis for comparison.

Good luck, and welcome to the rebellion!

Level 4 Shape Shifting AdventurerSTR: 3.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 6.0CON: 5.75 | WIS: 8.25 | CHA: 7.25

Thanks to you all! And 61st, you're absolutely right. But he did make it awfully difficult for me to reach my goals the way I wanted to reach them.

Anyway, none of that now! I'm psyched for my first challenge, and I think I've already got a couple goals in mind, but I could definitely use help figuring out what's realistic and doable.

Laureleye, I will take your advice and check out the previous challenge for inspiration.

Thanks again!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Pixie Assassin

STR: 2 | DEX: 2.5 | CON: 3 | STA: 1.5 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Archived