Forums are back in action! ×

Another cave(wo)man convert... or is it revert?

Hi, nice to meet you all finally. I joined the community a little over a month ago I think, and I've been inspired by so many of the stories here but, like a lot of people I've just felt like I could never get those same results. I was going to the gym 3 times a week and really busting my butt with free weights and cardio but the weight was going nowhere. Lose 4lbs gain 3lbs lose 2lbs gain 4lbs. So I gave up. Well a very overdue trip to the doctor for a check-up (6 years overdue) revealed to me that my weight had reached 427lbs... being 6'2" tended to sort of hide that fact from me and other than that, I am in perfect health as far as tests can detect. But I'm not delusional, I know I can't expect to stay that way so I picked up the caveman eating style. My whole life bread and dairy and sugars have just been a constant, especially in Georgia, where I've lived my whole life. Buttermilk biscuits and syrupy sweet tea... om nom nom lol But it was the only thing I had never changed, despite it always being weird to me that humans would drink cow milk. Well, I am now happy to report that with this simple change in eating habit and no exercise (yet) I am, as of today, below 400. I couldn't believe my eyes. 27lbs gone just like that. And that's including those moments of weakness while "getting into the swing of things". I may have had some pizza... and I MAY have had some ice cream... lol

So now that I've typed a small novel, I'd like to say thank you to Mr. Steve for creating an outlet for such a wonderful community of like-minded people (I'd also like to say that I will forever see him as Steve from Minecraft) and thank you to everyone that has shared their story on here so far. You've given me more than you realize, and that's the ability to believe in myself. I'll do my best to get some pictures up soon.

“There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.â€

~ Douglas H. Everett

Archived