Forums are back in action! ×

So a Level 1 Monk-Scholar walks into the boards...

Hi all -

This has the be the best concept for a fitness community ever. I'm Kamikaze, a female, aged 29, significantly obese, graduate student in biology and considering kung fu to keep me sane and focused once I get through at least the end of this semester (and maybe not until summer when I hopefully start my PhD program). It looks like I timed my arrival well since the next challenge is about to start.

Eventual way down the line goals - PhD, 4 years of Kung Fu and the physique evidence for the latter.

Challenge goals I'm kicking around:

- Un-effing up my achilles tendonitis (daily intensive stretching)

- Un-effing up my flexibility (MobilityWod and general mobiity routine)

- Walking 30 min a day 5x/week

- Kicking soda to the curb in favor of water

So, um... yeah. Hi!

-'Kaze.

Kamikaze, level 3 scholar-monk(Biology/Aikido)

STR 3|DEX 4|STA 2|CON 4|WIS 5|CHA 5

Challenge goals I'm kicking around:

- Un-effing up my achilles tendonitis (daily intensive stretching)

- Un-effing up my flexibility (MobilityWod and general mobiity routine)

- Walking 30 min a day 5x/week

- Kicking soda to the curb in favor of water

I think those are great goals for a first challenge.

There are many great resources here. I highly recommend you take some before pictures and measurements because you will want them to show yourself how far you have come. Don't worry about daily progress but look at what you will accomplish on a weekly basis and you will be amazed at what happens just from eliminating the soda and replacing it with water. Don't worry about failure just keep plugging along. If you read enough posts in the challenges you will see that not everyone aces them and many people outright suck at them but they keep going and in the end are better than when they began. Check out the Monks forum for the 6 week challenge that just finished up and then get ready to Dominate Monday for the beginning of the challenge.

Archived