Forums are back in action! ×

A nerd walks into a forum... :)

Hello all,

Here's a synopsis of my background:

I'm 28. I'll be 29 in December.

I have a pretty sedentary job - Senior Information Security Analyst - Aka hacker that sits at a desk all day and stops other hackers from getting into the system. (I didn't say it wasn't a cool job, just a sedentary one. ;)

I enjoy music (play multiple instruments, though none of them incredibly well, I enjoy them), reading, computer stuff, video games, sci-fi, and zombies.

:highly_amused:

I stumbled across this site about a month ago, when I decided that something had to change DRASTICALLY in my life. I was up to 206 lbs (the heaviest I've ever been in my life) and at 5'10" I wasn't happy with how I felt, my energy levels, my horrible acid reflux that kept me up all night, and most of all, how I looked in the mirror.

That was 25 days ago....

I'm proud to say that after having my eyes opened to NF and a paleo diet, I committed to changing my life for good... and so, I started my journey of eating strict paleo and trying to be more active. (some type of exercise every day.)

So where am I now?

Well, today is day 25 of my paleo 30 day trial run. I've stepped outside of paleo once (Super huge craving for a Culver's Double Deluxe Bacon Burger with Large Wisconsin Cheese Curds and a Large Mt. Dew. got the best of me, but as Steve said, it's one meal. I didn't beat myself up over it, just moved on) during these 25 days, but honestly, now I can't think of eating any other way.

I've lost 25 lbs (down to 181 from 206 - yes, about a lb. a day), have amazing energy I haven't had before, sleep better, and my acid reflux is completely gone. (no dairy = no acid reflux for me)

So a major thank you to Steve and NF for all of the inspiration! I'm just getting started! 165 lbs. here I come!

I tried an open parkour session (always been a MA fan, so it seemed up my alley) and fell in LOVE with it. Looking forward to living in this wonderful community of NF with the rest of you!

Stay positive! You set your own limits, you can achieve ANYTHING you put your mind to.

Fortune Find You!

~ Fear

Fear, level 3 Blade Runner AssassinSTR 5|DEX 6|STA 6|CON 4|WIS 7|CHA 5

Thanks TerraNik!

:)

I have the "need" to go all or nothing when I try something like this, so when I started Paleo, I gave up all alcohol, soda, fast food, and my biggest problem - chips. (I ALWAYS had chips with anything lunch or dinner and always as a snack. Cutting those out and getting rid of all the sugar made a HUGE difference.

I'm looking forward to continuing my journey to level up!

Fortune Find You! (and thanks for the reply and making me feel welcome!)

~ Fear

Fear, level 3 Blade Runner AssassinSTR 5|DEX 6|STA 6|CON 4|WIS 7|CHA 5

Fear, that is an awesome start! It sounds like you've got everything you need to pound out your goals. I'm excited for you.

Night Elf Feral Assassin

Level 2

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Previous Challenges: 0 I Ashes in Ashenvale Current Challenge: Sleuthing in Stormtalon

Tu deviens responsable pour toujours de ce que tu as apprivoisé. - le Renard

"The Price of Discipline is always less than the Pain of Regret." -Nido Qubein

Archived