Forums are back in action! ×

Hey there.

Hey everyone.

I am new to NerdFitness and just wanted to introduce myself.

I am a University Student in the US but currently in the UK studying.

I am just shy of 5' 8"

I am around 165 lbs but havent weighed myself since being here.

I love running but with the extra weight its harder.

I want to change who I am and I want to lose weight the correct way and I want to regain my fitness level prior to college.

Any advice and support would be most helpful!

:)

hey mkzne, nice to meet you! There is lots of information and advice floating around here....a lot of us who can't run (yet) have started with something like the beginners bodyweight circuit or the couch to 5k program (google it :) ). I think with a little bit of effort you'll be surprised what you can accomplish! Also, there is a beginner exercise area of the forum, including a place for weight loss -- search around and see what you can find! Also, ask any questions you might have and we'll all do our best to help. Best of luck on your journey!!

PS: are you part of this new 6 week challenge? It just started today -- a great time to just jump in and start something new!!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

I second the beginners body weight training. I have been rehabbing a knee, so I couldn't run (okay, I'm so slow it was never really running anyway)...but I could do intervals because the run was short burst. I've actually been able to do a couple of runs in the 1 - 1 1/2 mile range now.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived