Forums are back in action! ×

Coming out of the Woodwork

Ending my lurk session to participate in the new challenge!

I'm an early twenty-something firm on the path to bodily healing. I've been finding myself slipping lately and hope this site will help me keep on the straight and narrow. I don't have any real-life health/fitness buddies, plenty of supporters, but no one who is on the "bettering-myself-through-bodily-health" path that I don't think is a crazy person. ((No person should open with "You know, in light of my recent dieting success, I find myself agreeing with most Pro-Ana sites, skinny DOES feel better than hungry!" or "I'm not eating solid food anymore, its making me fat, I have one smoothie for lunch and thats it!"))

---

I've spent my whole life being exceptionally unhealthy. I started out 205 lbs at 5'5 with debilitating arthritis about a year ago. No matter what I did I couldn't loose weight, I couldn't gain muscle, I couldn't open jars and I was fast deteriorating. Frustrated and desperate, I started an elimination diet. I discovered I had a rather harsh gluten sensitivity in the same month my mother was independently and unbeknownst to me diagnosed with advanced celiac disease.

After some intense research I started an individualized diet based off the results of my elimination diet. It is basically the Paleo diet with the exclusion of nightshades and inclusion of non-bovine dairy. I haven't pursued an exercise regime, as I wanted my body to heal as best as it could without the extra stress. I can now engage in day-to-day activities without pain ... its time for some exercise!

---

I'm currently 185lbs, I gained A LOT of muscle and dropped bout eight inches off my stomach. I'm still 5'5 :tongue:

Wish me luck?

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dwarven Ailuranthropic Adventurer

- Level 1 -

STR 3 | DEX 0 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

[/TABLE]

Hi Vii! Your story is inspiring! I love how you decided to take control and change your diet. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey. What has really helped me was finding an exercise routine that I did not dread. That has been walking a mile a day. It sounds so easy and simple, but it really can be a challenge to walk a mile every day. Sometimes I jog slowly and sometimes I just walk with a purpose. In my opinion, exercise isn't crucial (your diet is though), just staying active instead of vegging out in front of a computer or tv is important.

My advice is to find something you love to do that gets you moving. :cocksure:

Female 5'5 117 lbs

Cara, Level 1 Elf Adventurer

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

Hi cara :)

I already do a tonne of walking! I primarily use public transportation and walk everywhere there isnt a bus. The grocery store is 1 and a half miles round trip on foot, and I tend to be there almost everyday.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Level 1 -

[/TABLE]

Congratulations Vii! I'm so glad that your health has turned for the better. Isn't it amazing hot the stuff we put into our bodies can make such a difference? There is a lot of lit online about nutrition, so I'm glad that you found the cipher that works for you! There are people how try everything and don't ever find it. Keep up the good work, and if you ever need support, we are here.

-This message is endorsed by the Committee to Re-Elect Godzilla. He kicked ass in Japan and he'll do the same here!

Thank you Jodeas!

Vii, I didn't see your challenge thread. What kind of goals do you have?

Sorry about that! In the middle of writing everything out last night my internet died and I had to wait for my partner to come home and give me the password to fix it. Here it is!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Level 1 -

[/TABLE]

Archived