Forums are back in action! ×

Hail Fellow Travelers! I see you are missing a _____ I am _____ may I join you?

Hi Folks!

Elven Adventurer here. My weight has been a problem for me since high school. Not that I was big I was the opposite very under weight. But my first boyfriend I had told me I was fat and insulted me in other ways....that really messed with me. Years later I get married and share that secret with my husband that I see myself as large (At the time I was 110 pound at 5 feet 4 inches) Instead of understanding and helping me he took every moment to point out my flaws. (Upper arms that flapped a bit got a "Gobble Gobble" or pinch my stomach when I was sitting down.) It took me 7 years to get out of the relationship and it has been 5 years since that and I am finally in a healthy happy relationship. But I still struggle with seeing myself as fat. I'm about 150 pounds now. I would like to shed a pound or two since I feel uncomfortable now.I look in the mirror some days and say "GAH! I have to take all this weight off." And I have to stop myself. And tell myself I'm fine.

I've joined to get fit and to lose a pound or two. What I like to is dance central for about 30 minutes and then do some crunches and other core exercises.

I'm an avid gamer, table top, board game etc.

I'm joining a fitness club here at work. It's free. I'm very interested in see what they have to offer.

:D

Marlene

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elven Adventure Level 1

STR: 1 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

"Keep calm and carry on testing"

Welcome. Have you tried to steer your interest away from your body and towards fitness related goals? Like trying to increase speed, doing intervalls or strength training? If you haven't read about Staci do so :)http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

first of all - welcome! welcome! welcome!

i'm glad you are in a healthy relationship (does wonders for your self esteem does it not?). and i'm super glad you came to NF.

3 things i recommend without hesitation:

take measurements now - take pics now - save a pair of "before clothes"

you will need to show yourself your progress without stepping on scale. struggling with your body image is a battle indeed. i don't see what my husband sees when I look in the mirror either. and when i'm having one of those days where I feel like poop - i pull out an old pair of jeans or old pics (thanks FB for the constant reminder) and i see how far i've come. scales are deceptive. and a mirror only shows you where you are - not where you've been.

esteel is right to recommend focusing on fitness goals too. get excited about push ups.

now - go to the gym and get more awesome!

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Archived