Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from my corner of the Earth

Greetings all, came up with my little epiphany on how to transform myself earlier today. I was out doing my daily two mile walk - mulling over the fact that in less than two years I will be 50. The last thing I want to do is look or act 50 and I fully take responsibility for the way I've become. God knows I wish I had the body and energy level that I did in my twenties but unless HG Wells is going to show up with a time machine this evening or Santa is going to create me a new body in his workshop I guess it is up to me - with some motivation and encouragment from others.

So here is my plan to achieve my goals before September 2014.

1. Lose 50 pounds by my 50th birthday.

2. Walk no fewer than 5.0 (get it 5.0 ) miles a day.

3. Do 50 reps of each exercise daily. 5 sets of ten, what ever but for every exercise I start daily - I MUST do at least fifty reps - and it can be spread out through the day - thus encouraging me do do something all the time.

4. Create my own Awesome Voyage of Transformation - my bucket list of things I've only talked about doing, imagined doing, but only watched other people doing.

This is my start. My game plan. My course of action. My Mission.

-Chuck

Nice job on the walking badge & great goals. What exercises are you doing Chuck? Anything I can do to help you "kids" out, let me know. PS Chuck...As Steve says "you can't outrun your fork"...are you modifying your eating as well as increasing the activity? If so, you might want to take a peek at the weightloss forum.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hi,

I am also heading to that big milestone and I want to reach there in better shape than I'm in now.

My goals are not so co-ordinated as yours (I can't convert them to metric!)

I like the idea of the Awesome Voyage of Transformation. What every voyage needs is an awesome end goal.

Skywalker

Progress woot: Skywalker's success

Character Profile:  Skywalker

Blog:  Just Get Moving

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it!

Archived