Forums are back in action! ×

Balancing the Internal and External..

Hi everyone!!

I've been lurking these workouts for a long time, using some of the free youtube ones in my routines for the last year and a half. I'm a 30-year-old female who goes in and out of exercise routines.... mostly due to my career as a touring music producer/performer, which puts me constantly in different cities (and away from all the nice gym/yoga studios I've ever had memberships of!) I'm almost always cutting my time down to the minute on the road, playing till late at night, flying out early, getting in with minimal time and energy before the next show..

When I'm at home I'm spending hours upon hours sitting at my studio desk writing music, or occasionally trying to work out and getting discouraged at how much progress I've lost since my last tour stint.

So I finally decided.. I need to address reality.. stop being lazy and try to have the thinking done for me at fitness classes because I'm never going to be in one place for more than two weeks at a time. I'm really excited to explore resistance bands and stuff I can take on the road, and all the short intense workouts that are really all I have time for.

I know that the less I work out the more tired I am, and the less I actually get done when I'm in the studio. I have no shortage of internal creative inspiration, but I need my body to catch up!!

One more thing that makes it tough for me, I had Hashimoto's thyroiditis as a child resulting in permanent hypothyroidism, so I have essentially an artificial metabolism. I have to take my thyroid hormones every day to kick start my system into gear. My BMR is so low that I could probably survive a winter reptilian style just burrowing in the sand and not moving. And my body adapts a little slower to training than most people. But.. we all have our challenges right?

Hoping to continue to get motivated from all your success stories.

Much Love.

Elle.

Hi there Elle :) I saw your post in the Colorado section, welcome to the rebellion and out of the lurking shadows! I love running local races too, and am in Thornton. There's a fun one the the lifetime fitness run club is doing January 1st called Commitment Day somewhere in Denver! :) holler if you need anything!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hi Elle,

I think there are many people out their lurking in the shadows, I'm one too :).

I can relate to having a condition. I have Addison's Disease. I've heard of Hashimoto's before as a lot of people with Addison's tend to develop other auto immune diseases, including those that affect the thyroid.

Anyways, looking forward to joining you on this journey towards leveling up our lives :)

Best of luck,

Steve

"I Believe" -me

All the women in my family have thyroid disease (mom has Graves) and I've been able to stay out of the cross hairs, I believe through exercise and mostly paleo eating. I wish my mom and aunts would do the same. I'm responding on my phone so I can't scroll up to see if anyone suggested Whole9life.com's autoimmune protocol?

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Archived