Forums are back in action! ×

New Recruit

Hey guys,

I'm just starting out. I had read some things in the forum, then went to a gym. The trainer said everything ya'll said was ignorant. He told me to stick to an elliptical and not worry about any weights until I lose more weight. Now, I know I have weight to lose, but I'm an STNA. I'm strong enough to lift, turn, transfer, and bathe fairly large patients without assistance from anyone else. I also know the more muscle burns more fat. Needless to say, at this point, I decided that this dude was not going to be as helpful as everyone here so I dipped out as soon as I could.

Long-term motivation is my problem. I'm doing this alone. My friends are lazy, and my family has a never ending plethora of excuses. So I start out excited, then I let them wear me down eventually. And that's why I'm here. I'm a huge sports fan, and my true love is baseball. I won't lie, I don't know much about RPGs or video games but I didn't think that would get me booted out =)

Looking forward to meeting people and sharing this adventure!

Alea

She's a mess of gorgeous chaos, and you can see it in her eyes

[TABLE=width: 500, align: center]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Redlegs69, level 1 Human Adventurer

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 1|WIS 4|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

Baseball certainly has the potential for nerdity, especially when stats come into play. Glad to have you aboard, it's always nice when another rebel throws off the tyranny of the empire. You have found here a place with a community that encourages long term motivation. Check out the challenge boards, find a profession, then get in on the current challenge. What are some of your fitness/life goals?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome Redlegs69! I too am new to the Rebellion and blazing the trail of Paleo and better health amidst my family and friends. You can do it! People seem pretty awesome on this site so we will always have support! Kick butt and take names! Cheers!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

If it seems like a good fit here, stay. I'd shoot myself if all I was doing was grinding away at an eliptical! Try the beginner's body weight for a good start, maybe with a couple of easy cardio days thrown in between. But remember what Steve says...You can't outrun your fork!

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Baseball certainly has the potential for nerdity, especially when stats come into play. Glad to have you aboard, it's always nice when another rebel throws off the tyranny of the empire. You have found here a place with a community that encourages long term motivation. Check out the challenge boards, find a profession, then get in on the current challenge. What are some of your fitness/life goals?

Fitness - lose weight, not only for physical health but mentally too. I want to feel good in my own skin. I'm definitely more of a strength and endurance girl as opposed to speed and agility, so I'm trying to figure out where I fit in as far as exercise goes.

Life - I gotta stop spending so much money. I also gotta learn some patience with saving for things I want.

So far, I'm thinking about getting a big jar and putting a dollar in it for every pound I lose. When I hit a goal, I can have the money and get those shoes, or that tattoo, or whatever.

She's a mess of gorgeous chaos, and you can see it in her eyes

[TABLE=width: 500, align: center]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Redlegs69, level 1 Human Adventurer

STR 4|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 1|WIS 4|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

That's a great motivation. Check out the challenge thread, the adventurers guild is a good place for starters or people focusing on weight loss, the Rangers are a good place for balancing strength and endurance. The big red "Six week Challenge" link at the top of every page will explain more.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the rebellion adventurer.. we are glad to have anyone. and if you check out the challenge site you might like what you see. It is a fun way to make your working out into more of a game!! :-P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Scout

Level 1

Str: 3 | Dex: 3 | Con: 2 | Sta: 3 | Wis: 2 | Cha: 2

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." Albert Einstein

(My Geek Blog)(Twitter)

Hi Redlegs69!

My little word of encouragement would just be that we're here to support you. (And I haven't even been here that long.) But any time you need a boost, it looks like you can just ask for advice or encouragement and you will get lots! We all stand together, divided we fall, right? We're training with you. Good luck!

Lydieboo, Level 1 Barbarian AdventurerSTR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 3"Only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of total, constant amazement."

Lydieboo's Do or Die Winter Challenge

Archived