Forums are back in action! ×

IRISHodabred reporting for duty!

Hey everybody!

I'll let my "About Me" section give a bit of my background but when it comes down to it, my inner nerd is a bully and it put me in a headlock making me sign up as part of the Rebellion. Fortunately my inner nerd is also an excellent decision maker. A voice of reason if you will. I just started reading about the Paleo Diet and I am giving it a go as of Dec. 1st. I am going to do the %80 approach first to "ease" into it. I've been on a different diet/training regiment for the past 8 weeks and have not quite seen the results I want so I'm mixing it up. I'm pumped to further my pursuit of living a healthy and fit life with all of you and look forward to all the camaraderie. I may even have a recruit or two in the near future. Hopefully I can figure out the leveling/stat attributing aspect soon. Hoorah!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Hey tanktimus! Some of my goals are achieve a measurable functional strength increase and more specifically bench press and squat at least 270lbs. I want to get stronger overall. I've always had what I think is a weak bench. I want to get to a body fat % at or under %10. Currently I would say from online calculators that my % is between %15 and %20. I am trying to gauge what a reasonable time frame is to achieve these goals so I can set a date for myself. Any thoughts? I'm relatively fit and have been going to the gym and playing sports a couple times a week for 1-2yrs. Any suggestions are appreciated. Cheers!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

Good goals, well thought out and measurable. Not sure of a time line, but figure out intermediate steps along the way and work on them in bite-sized chunks. I would suggest adding deadlifts to your routine, they will help with squats.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I appreciate the feedback tanktimus. I think you're right about the bite sized chunks.

Thanks for the welcome Laureleye! Nice to meet you!

That was actually the title of my first challenge (My first six-week bite of an epic quest sandwich). That's the great thing about the six week challenges, the are long enough to learn habits, but short enough to make the goals attainable.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived