Forums are back in action! ×

Wednesdave - The third Dave of the week.

Hello everyone!

I just did my first Angry Birds Workout yesterday, and it feels so awesome to be sore in places that haven't been sore in so long.

I've been running 4-5 days a week for the past 10 years, and I have recently come to the realization that, physically, not a whole lot has changed since I started running. In large part, I run because I like how it clears my head and keeps me on an even keel, but it has also occurred to me that while I've put in well over 1,000 hours of running, I still feel (and look) pretty weak. Oh...and I'm still overweight...6'5" and 235 lbs. w/ I'm guessing 27% body fat. So it's time to try something new...Hooray for new things! New things are an adventure!

Some other facts about me:

I'm a grad student in Industrial Design at the Rhode Island School of Design. I like to think of it as a masters in becoming a mad scientist inventor.

I built myself a treadmill desk for the studio at school. Using the computer is way more fun at 2mph. Clearly my feet are connected to my brain, because when my feet stop, my brain seems to follow suit.

I do 30 minutes of meditation a day, usually right before bed. I used to meditate on and off, but a month ago I decided it was something that needed to be a daily habit, so I challenged myself to do it everyday for a month. Success! Now for month two...

That's all for now...looking forward to exploring this new community and starting a regular practice of strength training!

Welcome aboard! Have you checked out Steve's blog posts about diet? The common thought here is that what we eat is about 80% of weight loss. Glad you found a strength routine that works for you. What I've been told is that strength training actually helps with running, but I'm such a noob runner I haven't got a background of run without strength training to compare it too.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome aboard! Have you checked out Steve's blog posts about diet? The common thought here is that what we eat is about 80% of weight loss. Glad you found a strength routine that works for you.

I have checked out his diet posts...good stuff! In some ways, my story is similar to his friend Saint. At my heaviest I was 280. Three years ago, through clean eating and tracking my food I got down to 235 (45 lbs...woot). But then I kind of stalled and I feel like I lost a lot of muscle. I was hesitant to reduce my running too much, and adding strength training to running 4-5 days a week was tough.

But now I see that this approach isn't getting me anywhere, so the new adventure begins.

hi! it was nice to talk with you on chat! see you around!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

A lot of us strength train three days and run the three alternating days and take one rest day a week. You may find your running is easier if you only run every other day.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived