Forums are back in action! ×

Here we go,,,,

Hi y'all :)

My name is Peg and I live in the SC Lowcountry. I am currently on the 7th anniversary of my 29th birthday. My husband Mike and I have been together for 15 years and married for almost 11. We have 3 evil Minions, a 10.5 year old son, an 8.5 year old daughter and a 7 month old baby girl.

I'd been meaning to "do something" about my weight and fitness level for a while, but everything kept getting in the way. Until yesterday, and that was my wakeup call. I have yeast under my arms. From being fat, and bad diet. :P I don't want to end up like my Mom, 59 and can barely move because of ailments and no energy. She spends her days in a recliner, watching tv.

So here I am, me, 6ft1 and 260lbs.

Here we go,,,,

Fitness wise, I'd like to be able to walk fast (knee surgeries, can't run) for 5k

for now, I'd be happy with 5 minutes on the mini trampoline without feeling like I'm going to die afterwards (yes, I'm that out of shape)

My dream goal (at the moment) is just to be under 200lbs

While the activity is good, remember what Steve says "You can't outrun your fork". What type of eating changes are you going to make? One of the easy ways to cut a lot of calories, and give your body good fuel, is to cut out sodas, fast food, and processed foods. Add fruit and veggies if you're not eating them. You'll also getting your kids off to a good start too. If you have fitness or diet questions, just post a question. You can also join the challenge, even though it is already in progress - the main point of it is creating goals and staying accountable. Welcome to the rebellion.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

I'm going to cut out grains,,stupid delicious grains,,,and fake sugars, and potatoes (om nom nom mashed potatoes)

I can't do any diet that requires counting calories or fats, because I am a non puking bulemic (think "dry" alcoholic) and counting calories and such leads me back into those behaviours

It's also fun to make sure I get the right balance of nutrition and intake because I have a breastfeeding baby (she's 7 months old), which on average burns 500 calories a day, so I have to feed me to feed her.

If it makes you feel any better, you won't miss the grains as much as you think you will. Really. You're cutting back gradually, right? Since you're breast feeding "real" food is the way to go; eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full. I'm doing WeightWatchers PointsPlus, but I also just count things at each meal. Did I get some healthy carbs/fats/protiens? If I've done that, I'm good! Good luck and keep us posted.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Archived