Forums are back in action! ×

Good Morning!

About me:

When I graduated college, I moved across the country from all my friends and family for a job. It's been quite the adventure so far. I haven't yet found the perfect company/project to properly set me up in my career based on my skills and goals, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually. I have a 1.75ish-year-old hyper-energetic beagle puppy who wants to be a viking warrior and architect when he grows up. I recently discovered my love for renaissance faires, and for the past two years have bought the full-season pass and attended the local faire every possible day. Since moving out here, I have been accumulating an impressive collection of LEGO sets and pieces, and begun building a semi-medieval world in my spare bedroom. I've been dancing on and off since August 2004, starting with Lindy Hop, then adding in blues, and for fitness/fun, also some pole dancing. I've been trying, somewhat half-heartedly, to lose weight over the past couple years. I've had some success, but I'm ready to alter my goals and begin in earnest to improve my health and fitness.

About my goals:

My diet will be paleo-themed, but not strict. I will be more focused on buying/consuming the foods I should be eating rather than not buying/consuming those I shouldn't, and I won't deny myself occasional treats of some of my favorite non-paleo foods. I walk with my puppy twice a day, every day. I'll be adding some strength training to my routine, as well. On days when I'm not strength training, I'll turn one or both of the puppy walks into a run. I want to work on getting my runs up to an easy and consistent 5k. I want to be strong enough to start back up with and progress in the climbing levels of pole dance classes. I will also need to work on my flexibility. I need to seriously work on my core strength to properly support my back, as I'm a bit "top heavy," if you know what I mean. I'm finding that I need something more than just myself and my puppy to hold me accountable and keep me on track. This seems like an excellent place to do that, surrounded by like-minded nerds. Feel free to offer advice and support, and I'll work out a plan for accomplishing my goals that I'd love to have you help me accomplish.

Level 1 Klingon-Orion Assassin

STR 5 | DEX 6 | STA 6 | WIS 4 | CON 3 | CHA 6

My Blog

My Challenges: #1 Current

My Epic Quest

For now, I'm starting with bodyweight exercises I can do at home. Squats, pushups, pullups (currently assisted by a step ladder, as I'm not strong enough to do full ones on my own yet), lunges, and plank/side plank to start. I'll add in some pole work to that once I get stronger and/or bored. I'm not much of a gym person, as I don't like having to take the time/money to go somewhere else to do my workouts. My puppy is also happier if I stay home, tries to sit on my lap if I'm ever in a position where even an inch of lap-space becomes available and smothers my face with kisses while I'm doing pushups and trying to hold plank.

Level 1 Klingon-Orion Assassin

STR 5 | DEX 6 | STA 6 | WIS 4 | CON 3 | CHA 6

My Blog

My Challenges: #1 Current

My Epic Quest

Archived