Forums are back in action! ×

Well hello there...

I am Nicky.

I was so excited when I found Nerd Fitness it adds the fun aspect to living a healthier lifestyle that I need. It's also brilliant knowing that there are people who can answer probably every fitness/diet questions I can think of.

My goal is to just improve my fitness and work towards maintaining a healthy diet, as well as losing some weight while I do it. Last time I weighed myself I was 201lbs. That was quite a while ago I tend to get a little upset when I weight myself. I know it is not a heavy weight I just have such short friends that my weight seems so big compared. I know I shouldn't compare with them but it's hard not to. I am comfortable with my current figure I just hope to slim down a little bit so I can be properly happy with it again and be slightly less 'wobbly'.

I am very excited for the journey I will be going through with all you guys, and watching your journeys unfold!

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Adventurer

STR 2.5|DEX 3.5|STA 2|CON 2.5|WIS 2.5|CHA 2.5

I am just aiming to cycle on my exercise bike and when I can afford one a proper bike, as well as walking where I can and I help my niece a lot with her dance and flexibility training (I used to do gymnastics which helps a lot). I think the Paleo diet sounds absolutely amazing. It's something I'd like to work towards but I am going to start slow and replace the unhealthy snacks and meals I have with healthier ones. If I throw myself in there and try to completely change the way I eat and exercise straight away I will get fed up and give up.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I can't wait to join in more :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Adventurer

STR 2.5|DEX 3.5|STA 2|CON 2.5|WIS 2.5|CHA 2.5

That's good self awareness about how you need to start paleo. Also more specific goals might be helpful. What is a healthy diet. What are some ways to measure how fit you are so that you know when you are at a level of "improved fitness." How much weight do you want to lose?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived