Forums are back in action! ×

Recruit reporting for duty

I have been a soldier for 20 years, so I have done a fair amount of execise through the years, but I have always been on the heavy side (around 100 kilo (.....200 lbs?) - BMI 32.

I have always worked with logistic (in the rear with gear type) not because I am lazy - I am very good a logistics. After I came home from Afghanistan 18 months ago, I really needed to do something with my health. I was stressed, a heavy smoker and sugar craving all the time.

So I stopped smoking (took 6 months), I started running a lot, but very fast got a really bad runners knee - those things combined with the stress made my weight jump to 110 kilo - and I started check myself - everything was bad... bloodpresure to high, cholesterol was to high, lungfunction was below acceptable and I was beggining to get unexplainable migranes. Doctors told me just to loose wheight and everything will be fine, there is nothing wrong with you ( translation from doctor speak "you lazy sod, get out there and run and stop eating so much").

I was without energy - I was moody - And I was beginning to fail P.T tests........

Then I discovered paleo - that was 5 weeks ago. Now I hardly eat any sugar (I am without any cravings), I am filled with energy, my weight are back to 101 kilo (without any hunger) and ii looks like its pure bellyfat I have lost, I passed my 2 mile running test (male, age 41 so its 17 minuttes). My runners knee are getting much better (no its not paleo that did that - the 10 kilo less helped).

Now I found NF and it opened up a treasurechest of info, without the alphamales/heman attitude I see way to much on other places.

My goals right now are:

Pass the infantry basic core test (4 pull ups, 4 dips, 6 deadlift at your bodyweight, 90 sek. the plank, 40 lunges with 15 kilo ekstra) Right no I cannot do even one proper pull ups, the rest I can.

Pass the running test below my age (16 minuttes) before easter. Run ½ marathon in June.

Get my BMI below 30 before easter (I know BMI has nothing to do with health - it is purely a military doctor measurement I have to pass).

Long time goals (without timelimit and without medicine if possible)

Get a healthy bloodpreasure - Get a healthy amount of cholestorol in my blood - Get my lung capacity up. Get my migranes under control.

LVL 2 Ranger: Steppenwolf

STR: 5,0 | DEX: 5,0 | STA: 3,0 | CON: 4,0 | WIS: 3,0 | CHA: 3,0

Height:175 | Weight: 97.5 kg

Those who have seen, knows.

What are the rules for basic stats like str/dex/con etc?

Every good RPG has a large rulebook with the excact scematics for the establising and rasining of stats/XP/lvl.

Where are that rulebook of rules?

Where are the GM who gives me XP? (and what images are his/hers screen?)

LVL 2 Ranger: Steppenwolf

STR: 5,0 | DEX: 5,0 | STA: 3,0 | CON: 4,0 | WIS: 3,0 | CHA: 3,0

Height:175 | Weight: 97.5 kg

Those who have seen, knows.

Archived